what's realistic expection for the outcomes

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: what's realistic expection for the outcomes

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Hard Drive,
Something sounds funny here. Titans are made for the larger guys, so this idea that you are too big or too long for the tube and the pump to fit properly seems odd. Please don't give up until you get the answers you need.
Paul

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Frank Talk Admin wrote:Hard Drive,
Something sounds funny here. Titans are made for the larger guys, so this idea that you are too big or too long for the tube and the pump to fit properly seems odd. Please don't give up until you get the answers you need.
Paul

It's not that I'm too big or too long, he is telling me that the tubes that run from the pump to the rear extender connections are fixed in length from the factory and are all the same (and can't be altered), and the way it's all installed would require a shorter implant that would somehow move the extender connectors to be longer and the pump tubes would then be long enough. It ALL sounds like BS to me. He even tried to scratch out a 1st grade looking drawing to prove his case (which didn't work). I've got only a limited number of hairs left on my head and I'm about to pull out the last one with this guy.
harddrive

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:30 am

Hey Hard Drive

Sounds to me that it is time for a 2nd opinion,although you might need the help of a VA Patient Advocate to get it done. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Jim

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:11 pm

3mtrship wrote:Hey Hard Drive

Sounds to me that it is time for a 2nd opinion,although you might need the help of a VA Patient Advocate to get it done. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Jim

Yeah, I'm in the process of trying to get that done now. I was emailed by a Coloplast rep. and she stated that the Doc. would be calling me soon. So far nada... I'm trying to get a 2nd opinion from a Fee Based (VA pays for 3rd party opinion) doctor but it's moving slow right now.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I FINALLY got my second opinion for my issues. The VA sent me to their hospital in Asheville N.C. The surgeon there heard my complaints, did his examination, and agreed fully with me on every issue. He said I would be scheduled for a revision within a month, and he felt confident that my issues could be easily resolved. According to this doctor, he has done MANY revisions to correct my exact issues, and there should be no problems. I won't elaborate on other things he said, but suffice it to say I was PREVIOUSLY given a lot of misinformation and this should have been corrected months ago.

I'll update this thread when I find out the revision date and again after the surgery.

Hard Drive
harddrive

3mtrship

Postby 3mtrship » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Hard Drive,

That sure is good news. Sorry it took sooooo long to get a decent review of your postion and please keep us posted on how things turn out. We can't see you smil'en yet but close.

Jim

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Harddrive:

Great news. Good luck with the procedure and may things really turn up for you! Everyone here is pleased this could work out. You had enough already. . .

Best,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 am

UPDATE:

Pre-Op appointment is OCT 5

Surgery appointment OCT 21 (unless an unforeseen adjustment is needed)
harddrive

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:54 am

Pretty soon your user name will be Drive Hard. Woohoo!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Hard Drive,

As future implant devotees, we should not take for granted that things may go wrong. We are all built differently and rely on the doctor to perform his very best. I plan to do just that.

Wishing you the best outcome in the revision.

Mikesan
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Return to “Implants”