what's realistic expection for the outcomes

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bob1138

Re: what's realistic expection for the outcomes

Postby bob1138 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Hard Drive,

First, my sympathy for what you are now going through.
I agree with Minnesota. This absolutely sounds like a case of extremely poor doctor performance.
I had my Coloplast Titan Penile Implant Procedure performed at Hackensack University Medical Center in
Bergen County, NJ on December 13, 2007 by Dr. Hossein Sadeghi, a very well respected Implant Surgeon.
My results have been excellent. Both my wife and I are very happy with my Titan Penile Implant.
It has restored both our sex life and the emotional intimacy between us.
I regained full sensitivity in my penis after about 3 months and now have more sensitivity that before my Procedure.
We have been together since High School.
I share this to show the importance of choosing a highly skilled Implant Surgeon for your Procedure.
I think your treatment by the VA is unconscionable!!!!
You should explore all avenues to have a revision on your original Implant Procedure done by a highly competent
Implant Surgeon and seek remedy for your pain and suffering.

I pray that you will have success and correct this injustice.

Bob

hard drive

Re: what's realistic expection for the outcomes

Postby hard drive » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks Bob, it's FAR from being what I hoped this revision would bring, but certain things are improved that are positive. The pump was really in a ridicules position initially, and that's corrected. However, I have a VERY strangely shaped penis now. I have a huge bulge on the left side of my penis and a slightly smaller on the right side, both near the base. It was caused by trying to correct the tubing routing when they did the pump relocation. It kind of remindes me of a bicycle inner tube that has bulging weak spots. I'm praying that this is mostly swelling from the surgery but it doesn't seem to be reducing so far. I do still have swelling and puffiness in the testicles, so it may very well just need some time. I've read so many stories from guys that seem to have had a perfect outcome, and it makes me very jealous but hey, it is what it is.

I'll wait another 6-9 months and see where it's at then. I'm not wining about it so much, just wish I could have been one of those guys that had a FANTASTIC result. I'm much happier with the pump relocation though, and the wife was much happier (which was my objective).

I'm pretty sure, that in 9 months or so, things will be much more to my liking. If not, I'll be looking for my next surgeon and next revision, but I'm counting on happy with what I have have at that point.

Thanks to FrankTalk, and all of you who have given me support and still are.
harddrive

Return to “Implants”