what's realistic expection for the outcomes

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lming44

what's realistic expection for the outcomes

Postby lming44 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:07 am

I plan to do the implant this year. My realistic expection for the outcomes is :

1. not discomfort or pain during sex (inflate/deflate, erection, Ejaculation)
2. have same feeling and sensation as before op for erection, Ejaculation, orgasm, PIV(penis-in-vagina).
3. keep the same length as before the implant

The above expection is unrealistic (too high expection) or realistic expection ?
What's unrealistic expection for the outcomes ?

Thx

Minnesota

Re: what's realistic expection for the outcomes

Postby Minnesota » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:58 pm

IMO these are realistic expectations, but everyone is different in the outcome of an implant surgery.
First size will depend on what kind of implant and what is causing your ED. Usually everyone loses some size but AMS implants stretch in length where Coloplast does not. I am the same size as before surgery, but I have a Coloplast so I expected to stay the same. AMS's take some time to reach their full stretching potential, so getting your original size may not come immediately after getting it put in.

Pain during sex. Well for me the only discomfort comes from where a condom for a long period of time or when she's on top. My implant stretches a lot in girth so some condoms do get tight at the base (good problem to have? You decide haha). Also like I said positions can cause discomfort. Any position where you are doing the work and can guide intercourse at your own rate will not cause discomfort. Obviously having a device and shifting it around while inflated will be uncomfortable compared to a natural erection.

Lastly it will take some time for the sensation to return after surgery (maybe 3 months or so (for me)), but eventually you will re-learn the sensation and what ejection will be like and it will feel just as good as before.

I am responding via blackberry so hope this all makes sense and I was able to help!
-Colin
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Dare I post a reply to this?

My outcome doesn't have such good news.
harddrive

Genome

Postby Genome » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Sorry to say my outcome was not good either. :cry:

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Everyone is different. Did you two go to the same doctor or what?
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Well thus far, my outcome has been very good.

I'm at 7 weeks now, post-op. I had the AMS 700 LGX implanted and have been activating it at least twice a day.

As my doctor put it, I'm very "motivated" and this new implant has become a real center of attention in my life, for now.

To answer a few of your questions:
1. There is a bit of discomfort during sex but I'm only at 7 weeks. I have to admit that since it's been years and years since I've had a good erection, this is an experience that I thought I would only dream about for the rest of my life. Having it come to reality is like a gift from heaven. I can deal with the discomfort for now and I know that it will be going away as my healing progresses. And on top of that it's a "hurts so good" type of feeling. There is NO pain while inflating, deflating, or orgasm.

2. So far all of the feelings are very much the same. I do have new chambers in the corpora cavernosa, yes. But the feelings and sensations are all the same. The one and only thing that is still not completely "there" are the chambers themselves. They tend to retract when deflated and because I'm still in recovery, the ends of the chambers tend to tend twinges of pain every now and then. As of this point, I've been trying to keep my penis inflated to the point of having the chambers up to the glans. I tend to work as often as possible trying to "seat" the chambers into the glans to keep from getting any excess scar tissue in my penis. I have heard from others that seating the chambers into the glans takes anywhere from 3 months to a few years. I guess like everything else, it depends on how much one works it. And I DO spend a lot of time at this point working it. (http://www.fleshlight.com)

3. Because I was implanted with the 700 LGX, my girth is just unbelievable (hard as a rock too) and my length is expanding each and every day. It is up to the point of my looking into the mirror and thinking "is that really me?" Yeah, this is a great feeling. I've pumped to the max a few times but find that sex is better with just enough to get the chambers into the glans. It's all still very new for me remember. I'm sure that things will be wild and fantastic in very short time!

Please feel free to write to me anytime with any questions. There are an amazing amount of questions to be asked "after" the implant operation. I had new questions each and every day for weeks afterward. This board is a great place to meet people and find out information.

Take care, LGXMan
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:42 pm

lming44 wrote:I plan to do the implant this year. My realistic expection for the outcomes is :

1. not discomfort or pain during sex (inflate/deflate, erection, Ejaculation)
2. have same feeling and sensation as before op for erection, Ejaculation, orgasm, PIV(penis-in-vagina).
3. keep the same length as before the implant

The above expection is unrealistic (too high expection) or realistic expection ?
What's unrealistic expection for the outcomes ?

Thx

Most people tend to have great results and satisfaction. Such is not the case for me.

1. I have no discomfort or pain during sex (because I don't really have sex anymore). Inflation and deflation is painless, erection is painless, ejaculation doesn't seem possible anymore. I can't ejaculate since the operation for the most part (once in a while I can jackoff and it works)

2. I have very little feeling / sensation in my penis at all. It's numb. If I use the little bit I have to stick into a vagina, I can't feel anything.

3. I had 7 1/2'' of usable penis before the surgery, I now have about 3'' of USABLE length (minus the floppy head - a little over an inch)

I had my surgery on Oct. 1, 2010 at the VA hospital in Salisbury NC. The doctor created a pocket in me scrotum for the pump. The pocket is high and to the front as far as possible. The pump is about 3'' from the tip of my penis and attached (it won't move out of the way for penetration) , the tubes that connect the pump to the end-caps exit the penile tissue at the pump rather than somewhere in the scrotum. The head and shaft of my penis are now flat instead of round. The penis is also very narrow at the head and ridiculously wide at the base. It's like a arrow head > shape but flat now.

Nothing moves out of the way so I can't penetrate. The pump and tubes are so tight against the bottom of the shaft that the contact hurts even when flaccid. I think this is what causes some of the numbness but I'm not sure.

I have bulges on both sides of the penis in different places making my penis into an S shape but not as acute as an actual S. It looks like is was an S and someone pulled on it to make it straight but didn't get all the curves out.

When flaccid, I can feel notches all the way up to the glans that feel like knuckles on a finger. It looks strange, it feels strange, it's not usable, and the wife won't even touch it.

I'm trying to get the VA to fix it, but they won't even give me an appointment to see the URO doc anymore. I've called and tried sever times but I'm being ignored.

Most people here seem to have great luck. I'm personally depressed that I'm not one of them. I'm sorry that some people here may not have wanted to hear this, but after several months and giving it a fair amount of time for things to improve, I can honestly say that I'm worse than I was before the implant.

My surgeon was http://www.wfubmc.edu/Faculty/Terlecki-Ryan.htm

I'm sorry to sound so negative.
harddrive

regain-is-the-aim

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Hard drive:

If you are having that big of a problem I STRONGLY suggest that you contact your Congressman or US Senator and ask their health aide to assist you in getting the VA to respond. Now, this means you will need to discuss some things with a stranger; but it may well be worth it.

If you feel real assertive about this- and this thought IS outside the box. The first Lady Michelle Obama has made services to Vets a project of hers. Contact the White House First Lady's office and try to talk with one of her aides on "shoddy" health service to a Vet.

Make sure to explain in the opening comments to either venture that the VA botched a surgery and will not assist you in communicating with the doc or reassessing the situation. The VA Regional Hospitals vary in quality and service and that fact may be a component of any quality assessment. It is important that you do not appear as a crank or overly emotional. I think you might get some response and attention. . .

Just a thought.

Hang in there and go for it!

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

antelope

Postby antelope » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 pm

Dick is right on target. I would add only that you might want to contact an attorney. Sad as it is, sometimes nothing else gets anyone's attention. If this were a case of botched breast surgery, everyone up and down the food chain would be jumping thru hoops to resolve it.

Good luck whatever you decide. For sure, this is not an acceptable outcome.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Hard Drive that sounds to me like a poor doctor performance. If at any time the head of the penis is "floppy" im guessing the implant was not sized correctly. Did you have any other issues like Periones (sp) or something that would have a negative effect on a successful implant?

Return to “Implants”