Newbie here need some support

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
slorider1

Newbie here need some support

Postby slorider1 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Had my surgery on 6/6/14. They kept me overnight to get my sugar levals ok. On 6/7 at 5 am they removed the catheter. Though the day I was not urinating enough and trying to was very painful. I am swollen also very black and blue all over down there. At 5 pm the doctor put in another catheter and I was discharge from the hospital a little later. Today 6/8 very sore, black and blue and it feels like I had a shot of Edex from being so swollen. Going back 6/11 to remove the catheter. Anybody's input or experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

RogerM

Re: Newbie here need some support

Postby RogerM » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 am

Slorider1,
Congrats on getting your implant! Welcome to the club. I was implanted in March & had the catheter & a drain tube in me overnight. Swelling, pain & bruising are normal. For me, the catheter was the worst part - very uncomfortable. I hope you take it very easy. I put lots of ice on for 2 - 3 days following the operation & that helped with the pain & swelling.
Robo-Roger
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

slorider1

Postby slorider1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:03 pm

Thanks Rodger.
Just haven't read any where that they were sent home with a catheters for a few days like me.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Had mine Dec last year stayed over night at Duke Hospital in Raleigh NC. Took the catheter out next morning, my surgeon uses a small catheter for his patients that makes it a lot less uncomfortable, I know I have had bladder cancer 3 times the last 7 years. You can tell the difference. The first time I went home with one for two days, boy was I glad to get it out although it hurt like hell when he pulled it out :o . If they don't keep you over night then they probably have to leave it in. Keep that ice on the first week I had a love affair with a bag of frozen peas 8-)

Jim

inthezone

Postby inthezone » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:31 pm

Hang in there man!
I still couldn't pee 6 hours after the surgery, so the doc PUT IN a catheter! Would've been better if they had just left it in after the surgery. Was so embarrassing because, when I did 'bear down' with my stomach muscles, I was trying to pee so hard, the needle holes (from guiding in the balloons) at the end of my penis re-opened and blood went everywhere like a squirt gun. Like from a zombie movie. The guy in the bed next to me cried like a baby when they put his cath in. So, I know it's inconvenient and all, but hang in there. I'm just sayin' we've ALL been through it and it's OK!! Be tough, be hard, ROCK ON!
I think I peed 600 mL when the catheter went in. Catheter stayed in until approx 30 hours post-op.
AMS 700 LGX Feb 2013.

slorider1

Postby slorider1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Happy days are here again. Catheter is out today. Still hard to pee. Only going a little a lot of the times. Its like when you have high sugar level but with pain. Still swollen from 2 inch above to bottom of ball sack. Sometime I think it might have been better going with the softer implant. its like pissing with a raging hard on.

Thanks all
Dan

slorider1

Postby slorider1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:30 pm

Well 4:00 PM 6/12/14 headed back to ER because of not urinating much. Only a little coming out. it was like
pissing lit matches. Head over a liter in bladder. Staff ran a test on urine it showed no problems or infection.
A urologists from my team came down to see me. She look things over and said everything was Healy well just a little slow '(diabete)
Next she called the urologists that did the surgery. I was put on Flomax. I'll pick that up in the morning all the local pharmacies are closed also to call the office first thing in the morning.

billylee

Postby billylee » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:30 am

good luck slo. I suspect the Flomax will help considerably. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”