Two botched surgeries and a shocking 2nd Opinion

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
000-000

Two botched surgeries and a shocking 2nd Opinion

Postby 000-000 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:25 pm

I went out of town to a well known, high volume surgeon six months ago. I’ll call him Dr.A. The result was cylinders that were way too short, resulting in “floppy head” , the right cylinder actually protruded out. Flew back to Dr.A and he said he’d redo it. The second surgery, three months ago, it’s still too short and the left cylinder protrudes out the left this time. Saw Dr. A again and he admitted it was not usable and yet another surgery was needed. I decided to seek a second opinion.
So I went to see Dr. B.. He brought up my Peyronie's disease

Me: Isn’t that when your penis is crooked? Cause mine was straight, Dr.A even commented on how straight it was.
Dr.B: Well Dr.A operated on you for it twice, in both operations. It’s in your op reports. And that bump on the side of your penis is clearly from the scarring of the procedure.
Me: Doesn’t that shorten your penis?
Dr. B: Yup!
Me: Why would he do that?
Dr. B: Your insurance pays per procedure and he can make more money if he adds on procedures.

Now I really don’t know what to think! I have a hard time comprehending that someone would do something like that for money.

wolfpacker

Re: Two botched surgeries and a shocking 2nd Opinion

Postby wolfpacker » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:41 am

There's no need to hide these doctors identities
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Indeed everyone should know who they are!

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 pm

This is a pretty honest and open forum, you're safe here. I'd really like to know who these doctors are, and a little more detail about what was wrong, what let you to get repairs, did doctor "B" do any surgery or revisions, what did he do? Without that, I think folks will try to guess. Also did doctor A or B do a good job in the end, are things good now? It's just too cryptic now- Thanks-

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:29 pm

While I am sure no doctor minds receiving praises in these forums, there MIGHT be liabilities involved with negative comments on specific doctors. Personally, I am hesitant to list my previous doctor's name and eager to "sing praises" to Dr. Perito who "fixed" me (not - not THAT way - I've been "fixed" for years, nyuck, nyuck...)
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Return to “Implants”