Monday was "activation day"

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
billylee

Monday was "activation day"

Postby billylee » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:46 pm

Yesterday was a grand day, after waiting seven weeks, i got inflated for real, my first post-op appt. Any of you who have followed my "journey" know that three weeks ago due to an incision issue I went to surgeon for visit and was surprised with a inflation by an assistant. Anyway, yesterday was the real deal and the discomfort and pain experience three weeks ago was completely different. The fellow who inflated me to show me how seemed very surprised that the inflation DID NOT HURT. He warned me that it might at first...and it did three weeks ago, but guys this was a piece of cake at seven weeks. Deflation had a little sting and when I tried the pumping there was a little discomfort but I was pleasantly surprised. With a few rounds of inflate/deflate I did have a little ache in my glans after I left the office, o but a smile on my face. I liked what I saw when inflated, especially when the curve just straightened right up. Morey's (surgeon) placement of pump seems to be one of expertise. ..so convenient to grip. Even the deflate button is not terribly hard to grasp, but then it is a smaller surface to grip and you need the opposite hand free to squeeze so somewhat more tricky and uncomfortable. Number of pumps varies a little on how good a squeeze I get varying from 8-12. It seems when pump bulb gets real firm that is all it is going to do....and the glans may throb if i keep forcing more. Presently I would say inflation, might be close to an inch short of the previously normal VED pumped size. Time will tell whether I gain more over the next few months and I really do not care....I got something now usable and controllable.

Another bit of satisfaction I have from surgery is that since I was much of a "turtle/grower", now I have more of a common flaccid size, and one that gives me much more personal satisfaction and pride.

As to the matter of inflating at a certain time (weeks), after my experience at four and seven weeks of inflation/deflation, I feel that perhaps some surgeons suggest the wait because the experience tends to be one of much more pleasure past four weeks. Less pain and discomfort could present a much more satisfied client in many cases.

b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

billy1947

Re: Monday was "activation day"

Postby billy1947 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:53 pm

Congratulations on your successful surgery and activation. Hoping your new tool serves you for a long time. I still have some stinging when I inflate. I thought it would be gone by now (almost 9 weeks and still have a little curve). Again congratulations.

billy1947

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:34 am

Bill,
Congratulations on your successful activation! I hope you get many years of pleasure with your new tool. I was operated on 2 days after you and although I'm not scheduled to see my doc for another 2 weeks, I have started pumping-up. I pumped up yesterday & left it fully inflated for 30 minutes. I experienced some stinging at the base of the glans & an achiness in the shaft after deflating - I think I may have squeezed a bit too hard trying to deflate but the pain was very tolerable.

Roger
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:56 am

Roger,
The more I do the I/D exercise I am having the burning discomfort. I believe it should be expected and a part of the benefit from the exercise. Yesterday I was a little uncomfortable most of the day from inflating in the morning, but today I have done the exercise twice this morning, once leaving for around thirty minutes and the discomfort is already better than yesterday at this time. IMO, as rim has mentioned, better deflation may help the comfort. I just have not got the full deflation process real doable yet. And, also as rim mention, sort of like the slight inflate look (so different from my past flaccid look). I do, however, have to learn how to deflate as much as possible for the good of all "hardware".

I have been trying to squeeze shaft with one hand and hold deflate pad with other to get full deflation. I may be avoiding the benefit of the OTR where perhaps I should give button one solid push then use both hands to force cylinders free of fluid.

B
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”