I decided/show time

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
notsurewhattodo

I decided/show time

Postby notsurewhattodo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 pm

I've been lurking on here since last summer, joined a few months ago. I'm 41 y/o ED for about 12 years that got progressively worse. Long story short my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow (less than 12 hours from now) and I'm getting nervous as hell. I'm getting an AMS LGX. I think the "permanency" of the situation is what's getting to me. There's no turning back, especially if something doesn't go 100% right, Wondering too what the recovery will be like (I'm normally pretty good with pain). I guess the reason I am posting is looking to find support when I get home since that will be the next time I log on. I'm just hoping that the dream of a "normal" life and relationship with my wife will come true.

billylee

Re: I decided/show time

Postby billylee » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:51 pm

N,
Really, what do you have to loose? When we can not keep an erection, IMO we are causing frustration for ourselves and partner. Sure partner may say it is alright, but you know it is no. Don't be nervous, surgery is relatively simple with the slight fear of infection, which you could get from any kind of surgery, as well as other things. If you have chosen your surgeon well, then trust him. The first week will require some taking it easy, but don't fear the pain. Think of it as some rewarding discomfort. Take pain med as needed ...and enjoy those ice packs for a few days. Use common sense...something I did not completely do by probably lifting more than I should and riding the lawnmower sooner than I should. All gets better day by day especially after a few days (when you realize the incision is healing well), then perhaps slows for a couple of weeks but yet noticeably better (you will be able to do other things by then, even some work perhaps if as I healed). i am at almost seven weeks and go in for the "big show" next Monday. Be glad to answer any questions, just PM me.

Yes, showtime....enjoy the show.
billylee
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:17 am

Congratulations on your decision to get the implant! I was implanted with a Titan 6 weeks ago & pain was a lot less than I'd expected. I was able to switch from Percocet to Tylenol Extra Strength on the day following surgery & haven't taken any pain meds for about a month. Like Billy says, take it easy for a couple of weeks, use ice liberally & post to let us know how you're doing when you feel well enough to write.
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

billy1947

Postby billy1947 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 am

Today is 8 weeks post op for me and I would do it again from what I see and feel right now. The first 6 weeks was not bad at all, my biggest problem was seeing things that needed to be done and not allowed to do them. I have been able to use mine now for 2 weeks and there is no comparison to what I had before the surgery. I did lose about 1 1/2 inches from peyronies and ed, but I am working to get back as much as I can. There is a lot of information on this board so take advantage of it. Praying your surgery and recovery goes well.

Billy1947

notsurewhattodo

Postby notsurewhattodo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Hey guys thanks for the couple of responses. I really appreciate it. this is day one and I'm amazed at how much pain I'm actually in, especially when I urinate. talked to the doctor this morning he said everything went perfectly. not only was he very happy he said I would be very happy too. looking forward to less pain. Will write more when I'm feeling better and can sit up and use my laptop.

proactive

Postby proactive » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:11 am

Get the pills that make you pee orange. That will take the sting out of it. The pain is from the catheter scratching you up a little, so you are a little raw. Those pills take the sting out.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

billylee

Postby billylee » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:22 pm

proactive wrote:Get the pills that make you pee orange. That will take the sting out of it. The pain is from the catheter scratching you up a little, so you are a little raw. Those pills take the sting out.

yep, Pyridium® (phenazopyridine HCl), a urinary analgesic. you might also find it under OTC product name AzoStandard. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

notsurewhattodo

Postby notsurewhattodo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Well day 2 is almost in the books. I took a shower today which felt awesome. Discovered my testicles are a lovely shade of purple. The pain is lessening little by little. The pain with urination is almost gone and I finally have a good stream of urine going. Did notice after I urinate I "drip" a little afterwards and can't seem to control it. Very uncomfortable walking going up/down stairs. Seems I'm only good when I'm laying down, generally with several pillows under my knees and one under my pelvis. Still can't sit straight up in a chair, even with cushions. Been sleeping on and off in 2-3 hour streaks. Woke up several times last night just to urinate. Could be worse. Feeling very frustrated having so little contact with my 3 year old son. He's a big roughouser so I have to be careful. Also hate seeing my wife having to take care of everything. I'll update again soon. Thanks guys.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:25 pm

notsurewhattodo,
Good luck with your recovery ... a few tips ...
Don't forget to take a stool softener! ... get an inflatable donut cushion, as this keeps your package slightly elevated while sitting, traveling in the car, etc.

In a few days you may want to consider an over-sized jock with a hard cup ... for the times with the little guy.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

notsurewhattodo

Postby notsurewhattodo » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 pm

Day 4: Saw the Doc today and he was extremely happy. Said everything was healing great. He deflated me which could well have been one of the most painful things I've ever experienced. He did reassure me by saying that this would be in fact the worst pain I will feel the entire process so keeping things in perspective it wasn't so bad. Pain on urination just about gone. Started getting my appetite back (I hadn't been eating due to the painkillers I think). I lost 10 lbs since Thursday. Feeling optimistic. Thrilled to be out of that support pouch and wearing just boxers. Looking forward to a nice warm bath tomorrow. Follow-up appointment in 1 week.

Return to “Implants”