Troubles Deflating the Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alabama2015

Troubles Deflating the Titan

Postby Alabama2015 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I am 2 weeks post op and was instructed to deflate the Titan one touch. I have easily found the deflate buttons and have squeezed them mightily. But I do not seem to be getting the deflation. I was inflated about 30%, so maybe I have succeeded but not noticed the difference. Has anyone else had this problem? After one gets used to this inflate/deflate process does it get pretty easy. In feeling the inflate bulb without trying to use it, it feels really hard and like it will be difficult to squeeze. I consider myself fairly strong so that should not be a problem.

stringerbell

Re: Troubles Deflating the Titan

Postby stringerbell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 pm

tcasper,
I had an One touch coloplast implant (by Kramer as well….I think you went to him too). The issue is the deflate buttons do not give you any immediate tactile feedback when you hit the target appropriately, as far as a button that gets pushed in or a noticeable response. If you squeeze the deflate pads while squeezing the penis, you'll know you got it right if the fluid leaves the cylinders and the penis deflates- that's the only way to know I guess. You may be deflated but don't know it, there's some stiffness to these cylinders that made me think it was always inflated at first, but it was actually all the way down. When you inflate it'll be super hard at first, but you'll find a good angle or way to get at it and it'll get easy, but I admit it's way harder than I thought it would be. SB

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Yes it takes awhile to break in in right. I had my surgery last Dec and now everything is working great.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:39 am

stringerbell wrote: If you squeeze the deflate pads while squeezing the penis, you'll know you got it right if the fluid leaves the cylinders and the penis deflates- that's the only way to know I guess.

This thread is a duplicate of another thread where there is more information: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3877

According to the marketing literature from Coloplast you should NOT have to squeeze the deflate pads and squeeze the penis at the same time with the OTR pump. I have read that this was necessary with the Genesis pump, which was the predecessor to the OTR, but not required with the OTR.

And that is also my experience. Having to squeeze them both at the same time, at least for me, is an indicator that I have failed to get the OTR deflate valve locked open, and when that happens I can never get full deflation. For me the procedure is squeeze the deflate pads HARD for 5-8 seconds. Release. Then the erection will go down on its own. If I want full deflation, then I also squeeze my penis pretty hard to get all the fluid out. As noted in the other duplicate thread, once fully deflated, some of us, at least, can bend the penis 180 degrees, so its not very stiff at all.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

billylee

Postby billylee » Fri May 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Rim,
when you are squeezing deflate pads, are you placing emphasis/most pressure on the small button side of pads? Or, do you think any emphasis matters?
billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:18 pm

billylee wrote:Rim,
when you are squeezing deflate pads, are you placing emphasis/most pressure on the small button side of pads? Or, do you think any emphasis matters?
billy

Billy, I'm not sure what you're referring to. On my OTR the pads are the same size, one on each (opposite) side of the pump. Its symmetrical. My impression is that there is a newer pump called just the 'touch' instead of the OTR or 'one touch release'. If you have the newer one, I can't help since I don't have it.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

billylee

Postby billylee » Fri May 02, 2014 7:02 pm

rlm1818 wrote:
billylee wrote:Rim,
billy

Billy, I'm not sure what you're referring to. On my OTR the pads are the same size, one on each (opposite) side of the pump. Its symmetrical. My impression is that there is a newer pump called just the 'touch' instead of the OTR or 'one touch release'. If you have the newer one, I can't help since I don't have it.

Perhaps mine is a newer model of the OTR. On the two flat surfaces one is more concave and the other has a "two step" raised "button". Hope my post of pic works. b

72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”