Troubles Deflating the Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alabama2015

Troubles Deflating the Titan

Postby Alabama2015 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:33 pm

I am 2 weeks post op and was instructed to deflate the Titan one touch. I have easily found the deflate buttons and have squeezed them mightily. But I do not seem to be getting the deflation. I was inflated about 30%, so maybe I have succeeded but not noticed the difference. Has anyone else had this problem? After one gets used to this inflate/deflate process does it get pretty easy. In feeling the inflate bulb without trying to use it, it feels really hard and like it will be difficult to squeeze. I consider myself fairly strong so that should not be a problem.

edgeh20guy

Re: Troubles Deflating the Titan

Postby edgeh20guy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:31 pm

It takes practice and you just have to experiment with the right angle. Once in awhile I have a little trouble deflating and I find that if I inflate it a little bit more and then try to deflate it works better.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:48 pm

tcasper1,
Try squeezing the shaft and pressing the deflate button ... yes the pump bulb gets easier to squeeze over time as the cylinders stretch a little.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:31 pm

t,
I think you may possibly be more deflated than you think. Yesterday was my "show me" day at seven weeks (first scheduled post-op appt). More of this on another thread. Anyway, I was inflated.deflated then I did it myself. i have also tried a couple of times after returning home. No matter how much I squeeze and hold button, knowing fluid is leaving cylinders, I still have a bit of a firmness in cylinders. Right now I trust this to be OK as I was not large and only got a 21 cm implant so the cylinders have to lay somewhere giving a firmness just due to their thickness....at least that is my take, but I understand your thinking and feel as I, too, have that question. Whether I am completely deflated or not, it is definite that there is considerable deflation. i squeezed pretty hard this morning and my glans hurt today.
billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:28 pm

22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:05 pm

rim,
When do you feel that you have completely depleted the fluid to reservoir? Any rule of thumb? i know I have deflated to some extent but not sure if completely. I still feel a little firmness. I might need to try holding the deflate button longer as you mention doing.
b
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 am

billylee wrote:rim,
When do you feel that you have completely depleted the fluid to reservoir? Any rule of thumb? i know I have deflated to some extent but not sure if completely. I still feel a little firmness. I might need to try holding the deflate button longer as you mention doing.
b

Well, as I tried to indicate in the links, max deflation for me is when there is no fluid left in the cylinders and they are flat. At that point my penis is flat and deformed looking too. The only way I get there is by squeezing my penis pretty hard, and I can only squeeze the parts that are not buried inside me. There will still be fluid left in the parts inside me, which will then drift down and fill things out a bit, especially when standing or in some gravity assisted position. My penis will look pretty normal again then. Also, as I mentioned, I don't always prefer max deflation, but I did think it was good therapy to prevent scar tissue from forming around a partially deflated reservoir, which could prevent full deflation. When I started inflating for therapy, I also did max deflation for therapy.

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 am

Thanks rim. Much to what I am experincing now as I start the exercising. There is some learning here in the art of good deflation. I find inflating fairly easy, but deflating to completely empty cylinders is not so easy....at least at this point for me. I, too, noticed the deformed look after the squeeze, but as you mention gravity seems to make things rigt after a while....especially now that it is not noted to position penis up. My surgeon did recommend the full deflation at times but did not indicate just how one knows when full deflation has been reached.

Sure appreciate your posts, I will try to cover more of them today. Probabbly read them before, but now as I truly enter into the experience, they become more useful. I inflated a couple of times this morning and I am having some burning discomfort around glans, however I can see this as one of the things one eventially overcomes and/or it goes away with use. Scrotum gets a little sore for a hour or so also. All, of course, worthwhile, and I assume gets better in time.

You mentioned in another post that Titan sizes did not include a 21 cm, which is what I was told that I was implanted with. I assume per your data that would have been a smaller size with extender, correct. Not that it really matters, I like it. No more VED is nice, aa is no more turtle.
b

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:28 am

billylee wrote:You mentioned in another post that Titan sizes did not include a 21 cm, which is what I was told that I was implanted with. I assume per your data that would have been a smaller size with extender, correct. Not that it really matters, I like it. No more VED is nice, aa is no more turtle.

If you care about the details of what was implanted, and I gather maybe you don't, you can ask for the PIF. See this link:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3630&p=23349&hilit=+PIF#p23349

Regarding discomfort when inflating, it took me 3 months for that all to go away. But, different guys take different amounts of time. Some much shorter, some longer. Someday you will have no pain or discomfort, unless there is something basically wrong.

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Rim,
I have tried to be very realistic about this whole venture with focus on total outcome, be it next week, month, or year. The discomfort for a few days after surgery nor this aching in the I/D exercise is so minor in the total scheme of anticipated outcome. I am already happy with what I feel and see.......whats a little pain. Ha.

You have read this before but........sorry I did not do it sooner.
B

Return to “Implants”