Deflate button on the AMS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ivtacres

Deflate button on the AMS

Postby ivtacres » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Ok I received my implant in Feb. and it seems to be working fine, gets rock hard. Here is the dilemma. I can't seem to locate the damn deflate button. The URO has shown me a couple of times, but for the life of me I can't find it. I am pressing on what I think is the deflate button and nothing. I never thought I would say, walking around with a constant hard on is a real pain in the ass!!
Anyone offer any CONSTRUCTIVE advice?

ED2013

Re: Deflate button on the AMS

Postby ED2013 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 pm

http://www.amselabeling.com/assets/file ... MSP_en.pdf

Try to feel for it while taking a hot bath. It will relax your scrotum and make it easier to find

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

ivtacres,
Didn't you get a keychain (pump ball) from AMS?
The deflate button only sticks out about 1/4" ... see below image as this is an exact model ...
keyring.jpg
keyring.jpg (92.24 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

crash220

Postby crash220 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Look at the sample, it is not super easy to find, but once you feel and it, you will have no problem. If all else fails, find the rectangle, find the middle, and squeeze. I can feel the fluid returning in the hoses. One other thing, if you press and release, it will not deflate, I hold mine for 3-4,seconds.

Jeanluc3

Postby Jeanluc3 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:38 pm

I have never felt my button. Like crash says find the rectangle, find the middle, and squeeze. I'm about 15 mos. post op now...

Geezer6

Postby Geezer6 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:42 am

I was able to find the deflate button but nothing happened. I found AMS has an instruction .pdf that was helpful to me: http://www.amselabeling.com/assets/file ... MSP_en.pdf.

Once I saw that if the deflate does not function you can try to reset it by squeezing the ends of the rectangle for 5 seconds, or so, and then press the deflate button I was able to get my unit to deflate.

I'm NOT an engineer, but I suspect that this may also be a possible "fix" for failure to inflate. AMS indicates that if you can't inflate the proper procedure is to press the deflate button and then start pumping. It would seem logical that if for any reason the deflate button is not functioning properly that you should try the above procedure to reset it, and then press deflate followed by a firm squeeze of the pump.

I'm having some difficulty working this all out because my pump is very high in the scroutum, right against the base of the penis, and is very awkward to manipulate. My surgeon is not going to be available for a couple of weeks. When I see him I'll ask if my thoughts are correct on this.

3rd-Nut

Postby 3rd-Nut » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Jeez... If you guys can't find the button, you must have really thick scrotal skin. Maybe you are looking for it on the opposite side. But, like someone else said, looking for it during a good warm shower or bath would be much easier.
PC 2006, AMS 700 LGX implanted 18+3, 2012, Dr. Paolone in Madison, WI- Married 47 yrs.

yankfan042249

Postby yankfan042249 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:47 pm

I could confirm crash 20s reply.
Im 6 months post op with LGX 700 and did have trouble originally finding it.
Now I can do it in my sleep. I still don't actually feel the button but I feel like I'm pressing on a little tissue cluster in the middle of the rectangular box. The box feels smooth, when you feel a little clump or hill that is the deflate button.

I hope this helps and makes sense

Return to “Implants”