Eid versus Kramer?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tryfied

Re: Eid versus Kramer?

Postby tryfied » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks guys.

With this in mind, I will probably be chosing Dr. Kramer. The only cons about this I see is the logistics. If some complications happen when I'm back home I have no opportunity to taking a direct flight to Baltimore or Washington. I have to go through some other airports which add a delay.

If I chose Dr. Eid though, I could go directly to his clinic within 10 hours from my home.

I suspect if complications do happen, I could elect Dr. Eid to do the salvation/revision even though initial surgery was done by Kramer. It seems I have to pay for revisions with Kramer anyway.

What do others who come from abroad do if complications happen? I mean, if I get an infection, I suppose it would be somewhat an emergency to go to the hospital quickly. Since I chose an American and experienced doctor in first place, it wouldn't really make sense for me to see a local dude for revision.

Lots of considerations in this proces..

hsarge

Postby hsarge » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Big time, did you have an infection or a rejection? Did you have an allergic reaction to the implant materials?

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:36 am

It was an infection. Terrible mentaly and physically. My scrotum swole to grapefruit size my pump stuck to my left testicle. I was in terrible pain for 20 days. I think the pump was placed way to high. I wanted it in the bottom of my scrotum. But it wasnt.

Frankenweenie

Postby Frankenweenie » Wed May 14, 2014 9:53 am

Dr Kramer was my Doctor.

Let me tell you up front, he is an outstanding surgeon. And his bedside manner is the best part of having him as a doctor, he answered all of my questions, was very compassionate and caring. And generally went out of his way to make me comfortable with the entire process.

I had an opportunity to meet both doctors, and while both doctors have great track records, Kramer just has the it factor.
And to top it off Andrew works with the VA as well, so my father is in the process of making the appts to come to Maryland all the way from Kentucky to be seen by him.
And my old man hates to travel.

I hope that this helps
Frankenweenie
46 year old, who has survived 7 massive heart attacks, a stroke, and a coma, but as of September 4th 2013 I joined the oh so prestigious Brotherhood of the Bionic Boners! Drop a line, and we'll talk about anything.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:26 am

I was very very happy with my experience with Dr Eid. Results, bedside manner, office setup, responsiveness, the whole thing. Many others have been too. If you search the implant forum for 'Eid" you will find many experiences, and searching for 'Kramer" will also get you many experiences.

Once I decided I wasn't happy with my local options, I chose Dr Eid as my first non-local call because it was logistically easier for me to get to than some other top notch choices. I was very happy with my first interview and exam with him and looked no further. But I had also been to two other surgeons first. I think its very helpful to interview more than one surgeon, if you can afford the time and expense. If you have it narrowed down to those two, visit both of them if you can, and then decide.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

proactive

Postby proactive » Thu May 15, 2014 12:25 am

I am sure Eid is a great choice. I had Dr. Kramer do mine last year and I could not be happier with the work he did for me. I dont think you could go wrong with either one.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

sinestra

Postby sinestra » Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 pm

My experience with Dr. Eid and his staff simply could not have been any better. I went into this process hoping for the best, but well aware of everything that could go wrong. I did exhaustive research, picked my surgeon, and (anxiously) went for it.

The results far surpassed what I hoped would be my best-case scenario. Eid is a meticulous master surgeon who has perfected this procedure, and will go the extra mile to ensure the best possible outcome. My surgery turned out to be more complicated than first thought, but you wouldn't know it by the results. He spent quite a bit of time repairing/remodeling scar tissue neither of us were aware of - I apparently had the beginning stages of Peyronies, which was not yet outwardly visible. And yet my erections are exactly the same size they were before!

I can only speak to my experience with Eid, I have never met Kramer, but clearly his work speaks for itself. We are all fortunate to live in a time where this option is open to us, and there are highly skilled surgeons focused on performing this procedure. I don't even want to think of all the men who had to suffer before this option was available.

You can read details about my experience by clicking the link in my signature. I wish you and every other man going through this the same outcome I've had...
62, Prostate Cancer survivor, Coloplast Titan 24cm Implanted by Dr. Eid 4/15/2014. Details here: https://bit.ly/2MjuvgE
Revision 8/28/2018 by Dr. Eid

proactive

Postby proactive » Wed May 28, 2014 11:02 pm

Sorry Panhead. Just now saw your question. Everything works great so I only get on here once every week or two. I had the Titan put in.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Kramer was the doc I chose. I heard lots of good opinions about both. I also received quite a few private messages as reply to this post. I mostly chose Kramer because of his slightly cheaper price. I'm going for surgery in around three weeks.

It's going to be sad and melancholic to say goodbye to my old tool that once worked perfectly. It's difficult for me to foretell how things will become after this. Especially after three years of a literal nightmare.

Hopefully the day that I can pump up something that can make a girl satisfied will become "the first day of the rest of my life". And hopefully my life and my "new penis" will last for a good life time.

Thank you guys.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Let me just double-down on what others have said…I truly believe Dr. Andrew Kramer is the best in the business.

Return to “Implants”