Been advised for implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Thurman3

Been advised for implant

Postby Thurman3 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi guys: My URO has advised me to get an implant because of peyronies disease. I am new to this but what I have seen on YouTube and heard here makes me wonder if this is really the remedy. The surgery looks so radical and all that comes with it seems like torture: taking antibiotics, not being able to sit or walk, complications from surgery, finding the right URO, etc. I would really like to talk to someone if anyone is able. Everyone here seems very willing to help and make suggestions, so I'm open for ideas. Many thanks in advance.

billylee

Re: Been advised for implant

Postby billylee » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Welcome. Sent you a PM.

I am five weeks post surgery. I researched as I assume you have, but although I read some negative, the positive was far greater. Sure there is some risk with any surgery but with this what have you really got to risk in the total scheme of things. My pain and swelling was very minimal. I believe a major key to success is surgeon and IMO, choice is based much on skill and numbers. Be glad to answer any questions I might help with at this point but I am not one who can comment much on Peyrones, just ED and lack of much help with medication.

billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Thurman3

Postby Thurman3 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks Billy. I would like to talk to you about your implant if that's ok. I'm nervous about this and am not sure I should go through with a major adjustment to my genitals. Let me know.

Thanks.

Thurman3

RogerM

Postby RogerM » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 am

I am also 5 weeks post-op. I struggled with ED for 10 yrs. but do not have Peyronies disease. The pain has been very minor - somewhat less than I expected. For me, the worst part was having a catheter after surgery until the surgeon took it out the next day - that was uncomfortable. I was always comfortable sitting or lying down and switched from percocet to Tylenol Extra Strength on the day following surgery. There is some pain but compared to the lifetime of benefits I'm expecting as a result of this surgery, it was very minor.

I agree with Billylee about finding a great surgeon. There are some urologists that do this operation a few times a month and there are others who do several IPP (inflatable penile pump) operations each week. My surgeon has done in excess of 2,000 IPP operations. I think since you have Peyronies disease you should find a great surgeon. Check through the posts in this section & you'll see several surgeons who specialize in this operation & hopefully at least one of them is in your area.

Roger
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

billy1947

Postby billy1947 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:54 am

Thurman I am almost 7 weeks post op and I suffered with ED and Peyronies. My curve was never measured my surgeon estimated from what my wife and I described at about 90 degrees, but I say about 60 degrees I try to be very conservative. I had surgery on Feb 27 with Dr. Milam in Nashville. When the surgery was over Dr. Milam told my wife that he could not correct all of the curve by modeling. When I went for the six weeks checkup the Physicians Assistant tried to correct the curvature that remained (about 20 degrees he said) and that was no fun at all. I can live comfortably with the curve I have now, I lost about 1 3/4 inches from peyronies and ed. I will be glad to try to answer any questions you may have.

Billy

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:01 am

I too am implanted. Only regret is not having it done sooner.

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 am

Thurman3 wrote:Thanks Billy. I would like to talk to you about your implant if that's ok. I'm nervous about this and am not sure I should go through with a major adjustment to my genitals. Let me know.

Thanks.

Thurman3

Contact me anytime. Send me pm and I can furnish more contact info. Lots of help on this site and I pmed you about another site.
billylee
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi I had a few questions I wanted to ask. What type of implant did you get was it a coloplast titan or theams model?

Knight55387

Postby Knight55387 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Good luck Thurman3! I too have Peyronies and may be faced with an implant. I don't have any ED issues yet but was told that with the grafting I probably need I will need an implant because the grafts usually leak. From what I have read through this and other similar forums is the most common regret guys have is not going through with it sooner. I'm in the process of trying to locate an experienced surgeon in Minnesota! Good luck my friend! Please share your experience as you travel through this!

Al

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Bigtime071 wrote:Hi I had a few questions I wanted to ask. What type of implant did you get was it a coloplast titan or theams model?

Bigtime,
I got the Coloplast Titan OTR but have not been post op long enough for test run........eleven more days.
b

Return to “Implants”