Day 17...Houston, I think I have a problem...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wanttokno

Day 17...Houston, I think I have a problem...

Postby wanttokno » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:24 am

Well guys I'm 17 days post op, and things seem to be healing quickly for me with just two issues. The first problem has led to me discovering what I believe is a kind of MAJOR problem. The first issue is that my scrotum has twisted around and attached itself to my pump bulb. The twisting causes it to be painful (kind of like having someone use a hole punch on your sack) which led me back to see the VA Doc. I was told to take warm baths and pull down on the pump and the surrounding skin to try and work it loose. No biggie, it should resolve itself in time. All the pulling and tugging had me handeling the parts a little sooner than anticipated and actually led to a pump compression, which has led me to what I believe is possibly the MAJOR problem.
Working the bits to begin loosening them had me curious about the inflation process so I went for it after figuring out the deflation button. Everything looks great so far, I can easily pump the LGX up to within about an inch and a half of my normal penis length and within 3/4 of an inch of my old girth. I was initally very happy as I figured that over time as I exercised the unit I would be able to regain most of my old length and girth back but, it would seem as if I'll get no more expansion as I am able to pump the implant till the reservoir is empty and there is no real pain, not really even any discomfort. If I'm correct either my reservoir was not completely filled or one that was too small was installed. Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on how I should proceed? My first pump had me really stoked as I thought that the Doc had done a near perfect job with the sizing of the unit, about the third time around pumping up, when the pump bulb collapsed and had nothing more to give I began to worry. Do you guys think I have a need to be concerned or do you think it will work itself out and the problem is all in my head? I hate to say it but I think I'm on the verge of a justifiable freak-out. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated, thanks all, be good, peace...
Last edited by wanttokno on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
57 years old. Implanted 04/23/14 with an
LGX 18cm +3.
Current size 7.6-7.7 inch length, 5 inch girth
65 ml reservoir filled with 45 ml
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1
Current size 7.5 in l x 5.5 g

billylee

Re: Day 17...Houston, I think I have a problem...

Postby billylee » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:37 am

I think there is a reason why the surgeons tell us "DO NOT INFLATE" until a certain time. You have violated that reasoning and it is my opinion that only a physician with knowledge of IPPs, especially your device, should evaluate any damage. Although I doubt any damage that will not correct itself, I do think you are way to early in healing to be concerned with length/girth. Give it some time. Yes, it seems like a long wait, I am at day 30 post-op and I sure would like to use it. I would even think day 17 as early for incision to be completely healed, one small portion of mine is not. b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:44 am

You said the third time around the pump bulb collapsed and had nothing more to give. So you squeezed it and the bulb stayed flattened and did not refill with fluid?

wanttokno

Postby wanttokno » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:09 pm

billylee wrote:I think there is a reason why the surgeons tell us "DO NOT INFLATE" until a certain time. You have violated that reasoning and it is my opinion that only a physician with knowledge of IPPs, especially your device, should evaluate any damage. Although I doubt any damage that will not correct itself, I do think you are way to early in healing to be concerned with length/girth. Give it some time. Yes, it seems like a long wait, I am at day 30 post-op and I sure would like to use it. I would even think day 17 as early for incision to be completely healed, one small portion of mine is not. b

billy, my doc had no issues partially pumping and deflating my implant several times last thursday when checking out my sack. The reason I'm expressing concern at this time is because if I need a revision I'd like to get it done before too much scar tissue envelopes the reservoir. And if there is an insufficient amount of saline in the reservoir at this time it is not going to improve with any amount of healing and I'll be left, in the end, holding the short end of the stick :( . Be good all...
LGX 18cm +3.
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1

wanttokno

Postby wanttokno » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:18 pm

ED2013 wrote:You said the third time around the pump bulb collapsed and had nothing more to give. So you squeezed it and the bulb stayed flattened and did not refill with fluid?

Yeah man, it was either the third or forth time that I pumped it up and after about 14 pumps I ran out of saline in the reservoir. I'm pretty sure that too little saline to fully fill the chambers will result in an unnecessary shortening of the device, I'm now praying that more saline may be added to the existing reservoir as I'm not really too keen to have the current one replaced. I'm going to try to partener with the surgeon and make him an advocate for any additional procedures that might be called for to remedy this situation. Be good, peace...
LGX 18cm +3.
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:31 am

It could just be the pump as well. Several people on here have had an issue. If the pump collapses and doesn't refill, try pressing the release button and trying again.

wanttokno

Postby wanttokno » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:56 pm

ED2013 wrote:It could just be the pump as well. Several people on here have had an issue. If the pump collapses and doesn't refill, try pressing the release button and trying again.

ED2013 Thanks man, I have tried your advise and the sitiation, sadly, hasn't improved. While I am able to get maybe a few more pumps in than origionally, I am now finding that the pump bulb sort of springs back into shape somewhat, it still has no resistance when depressed and and there is no change in comfort level, as would be normal when exercising a new implant to regain lost size. I mean I literally pumped the bulb 30 times after it reached the point of no resistance to try and eke out some additional pressure but it seemingly has nothing more to give. If that is the current situation it dosent look like a size restoration will be in my future without additional surgery to either add more saline to the current one or replace the reservoir with a larger one. Has anyone heard of this happening to someone else? I would love to speak to you if you have been through this or if you have any knowledge concerning this type of situation.

Does anyone have any advise on how to delicately bring up this issue with the surgeon? I really don't want to insult him in any way. In my opinion, this seemingly undersized reservior aside, my surgeon is an absolute artist. He has made my penis look so much like what it used to. I'm extremely pleased with all other aspects of the procedure and believe that this was definately the right way to go. There has been a marked improvement in my attitude and mindset since I saw this bad-boy sticking straight up in the air while I was flat on my back, and there was no way it was just going to go away tiI I was ready for it to go away. I knew that ED affected my head somewhat, but I had never realized how much nor how I had changed as a result of my diagnosis 15 years ago, I'm starting to feel more like my old self and am also very thankful for that. Anyway thats my story and I'm stickin' to it. Be good all, peace...
LGX 18cm +3.
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:25 am

I would make an appointment right away. Just be honest. Tell him you think something is wrong. Have him take a look.

wanttokno

Postby wanttokno » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:46 am

ED2013 wrote:I would make an appointment right away. Just be honest. Tell him you think something is wrong. Have him take a look.

That sounds like the correct approach but, MD's(medical deities) tend to have fairly mammoth egos in my experience and I'm hoping that he dosen't perceive my dissatisfaction with his reservoir size choice or underfilling as a point of pride insult. I hope that your right ED, thanks man, peace...

Also ED, I've got an appt.scheduled for Thursday morning, heaven willing it will go as I hope and pray that it does. I still also have the issue where my scrotum has twisted around the pump and adhered to it, which is rather painful. Maybe I can get the two birds with one stone special, YAH willing, later...
LGX 18cm +3.
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 pm

I would say don't specifically your opinion about the fluid and reservoir. Just tell him the problems you are experiencing and let him be the judge that way he won't be insulted.

Return to “Implants”