Duel Implant 4/1/14-Everything going great

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ronbstewart

Duel Implant 4/1/14-Everything going great

Postby ronbstewart » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:40 pm

I'm 74, this pass Tuesday I had duel Implant AMS 700 3 piece for ED and AMS 800 for incontinence. I live in Dayton, OH. I,m retired from USAF and had procedure done at Wright-Patterson AFB it has one of the best hospitals in the military. Two years ago I under surgery for prostate cancer and just couldn't recover ED and urine control issues. My Dr (Lt Col) has done a number of these procedures and has had great success with all of them. I'm really in awe at the minimum amount of pain I have. I just got released from hospital today and have been up and down my stairs several times with no problem although I'm not ready to jump rope or ride my Harley yet.. I have to return in 2 weeks. AMS 800 will be activated in 30 days and AMS 700 won't be activated for 6 weeks. I will be happy to answer any questions and will try to keep my progress updated.

ronbstewart

Re: Duel Implant 4/1/14-Everything going great

Postby ronbstewart » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Day 4 post op and nothing really to complain about, no real pain just more of a discomfort in several areas. Now big problem sitting down and getting up, getting in and out of bed and climbing up and down my basement steps

billylee

Postby billylee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Ron,
Go easy. I been trying to avoid lifting heavy things but catch myself picking up things I probably should not. I have also been riding the lawnmower some. Well now I notice one end of my incision is gapping a little more than I feel comfortable with so plan to go in to see surgeon Monday (not due until the 28th). I sure do not want an infection to set in. I suspect I put just a tad to much stress on a stitch before sufficient healing.

Looking at bright side to visit with surgeon, maybe he will hit pump another lick and tell me to give it a test run. ha

billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:32 pm

I had the duel implants done 1/11/11 using the AMS 700LGX and the AMS 800 artificial sphincter. I had a good deal of swelling the first week and pain for a few days. I had my pain mostly when standing up after a few minutes ,a dull aching type and my penis was very sensitive to things like my pants brushing it. I too had to get a bigger size condom catheter but it was mostly due to swelling. It took me a least six weeks after my six week activation before I attempted sex due to it still being a little too sensitive. But things started to get really good after two months post activation. I began a daily inflation exercise immediately after the six week activation and I was told to continue this until I could keep it 100% inflated for an hour. This was stretching all the tissue so maybe that was one reason it took a while to get comfortable. Within six months it felt completely natural and length had grown about 3/4" and girth increased too. My inflated girth appears to be about that of the cylinders max size. So, yes you have some good things to look forward to. Although the daily inflation exercise was not comfortable for awhile it paid off to it becoming natural feeling. Best of all is the AMS 800, it made a huge difference and I really like mine.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

ronbstewart

Postby ronbstewart » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Thanks for your post, I will probably be following some what in those same foot steps, I am 5 days post op now, took a full shower 2 days ago without any help required. Last night was 1st time I was able to do #2 on the potty, that was becoming a bit of a discomfort especially all the false alarms. Biggest discomfort at this time are the stitches below my privates that run between my legs. I use an air cushion pillow to sit on it helps a lot. No problem with clothes, got several new pants a size larger and use suspenders so as keep my belt slack.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:26 pm

after your stitches loose their sensitivity or fall out you might be on your feet more and that's when a lot of us get the dull aching. Most people find that some upward support to the scrotum area helps that issue. Some options are the jock strap, compression shorts, or jockey pouch briefs. I tried all three and the pouch briefs worked best for me but there is no consensus's on which is best. After the swelling when down, my scrotum walls were still really thick and that made any investigation of the new stuff difficult but the thickening was very much reduced by one month post op. I didn't think the situation over enough before the operation and wasn't prepared with enough choices in dealing with being incontinent for the six hour drive home which presents some issues for us dual implant guys.
My AUS was 100% effective for the first year then I had to wear a light shield type of pad, so I went back and had a revision done to a smaller cuff this past August but it was a waste of time as I still have to wear a shield. So, I am now content with just a few drips during the day.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Return to “Implants”