Implant on 3-25 and lots of pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
NCCajun

Implant on 3-25 and lots of pain

Postby NCCajun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm writing this for my husband who had his implant done a week ago today. Background info: He was diagnosed with aggressive rare ductal prostate cancer last Jan and started Lupron; hasn't had an erection since. In June 2013, he had his prostate, bladder, seminal vessels, testicles, and lymph nodes removed. Thankfully, cancer is still undetectable. The doctors said that he was healed enough from that surgery to have the implant done. Doctor says it was a textbook surgery with no complications. However, he has been in extreme pain since coming out of recovery and has to continually take pain meds just to get a few hours of slight relief. He cannot wear underwear at all, cannot sit for longer than two minutes max, and can only find relief staying in bed. The doctor tell us that this is expected, but forgot to tell us. We've had to postpone our flight home for now because there is no way he can make it. He's tried ice with some miminal success. He says it's sore, burning, and extremely tender and even a puff of wind from the fan hurts him. Likens it to what gout in the penis would feel like. They say they can deflate it some and that will give relief...but hubby and doctor don't want to lose any length. We understand that because it's not been used for such a long time, that the muscles are sore but a week and not getting better? Has anyone else been in this situation?

Pumpupthevolume

Re: Implant on 3-25 and lots of pain

Postby Pumpupthevolume » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:20 pm

I am at almost 6 weeks since surgery. The pain was worse than I thought it would be. I don't usually take pain meds much ..but I was taking them! Maybe it is just because of WHERE the pain is. It gets better. The hot baths really help. I was never much of a bath taker but was taking 4 a day.

Now I have only very slight pain in the head. I think its because of the partial inflate I have been walking around with. I am not taking anything for it.

Hang in there. I think we will both find out it was worth it.

knotreel

Re: Implant on 3-25 and lots of pain

Postby knotreel » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 pm

I would not worry about losing length if that would ease the pain. Any length he "loses" ,if at all, will be temporary. In fact the final length he achieves will come only after an inflation program of inflating every day to the max and trying to work up to keeping it at max for an hour. But this should begin after six weeks or whenever the doctor releases him to use the implant. In my case it was at least two months after that before it got comfortable then it took most of the first year to gain my original pre-implant length back. This is a slow process.
In my case, post op, it was under inflated and that caused a painful dog ear where it bent down and after about two weeks I pumped it up just a little and got some relief.
You are like me, doctor in a different city, and there is not much he can do. However, try finding the pump and the square part above the round bulb, there is a small button on one side and if you press it and there is a little snap it will be in the auto-deflate mode and will deflate until the pressure is off his penis. Or if it doesn't snap just hold the button down for about 10 seconds and that should relieve the pressure. Don't worry, you wont hurt anything that the doctor has done. How the implant is left after surgery varies all over the place, some are inflated some are not. Having had this implant three years, I can say that no one but your husband will know what is the most comfortable. There is no reason what so ever he should have to suffer from over inflation. I have the AMS 700LGX so if it is the titan he has the button might be a little different so, if it is a titan Google it to see the deflate button location. Yeah, this stuff can hurt. Hope he gets some relief. The trauma to the inside of the penis can cause the outside to be very tender.
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Return to “Implants”