April 3 Implant Date

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
billylee

Re: April 3 Implant Date

Postby billylee » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 pm

W,
Sounds great. i am at 23 days and will remain in this partially inflated state until my first post-op appt on April 28th. I think you will find ice to be your friend for several days then swelling goes away as does bruising colors. It then is just a little better day by day...body gets used to devices and discomforts ease. Do you still have catheter? Good luck.
billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:41 pm

Walt,

Congratulations on the successful surgery. Just remember...do NOT try to be a hero. The surgeon gave you Percocet for pain control. Please use it when needed. You will probably feel a bit different tomorrow when the anesthetic completely wears off. And keep the ice available. I also discovered that using one of those "U" shaped neck pillows helped me with sleeping at night. I just got into bed and wrapped the pillow around my scrotum and penis with the open end towards my head. That way both my scrotum and penis were supported throughout the night.

You will probably notice more bruising in the next few days. My bruising didn't show up until day three and in a couple of days I thought it disappeared. Then my wife pointed out that the back of my scrotum was almost completely black and blue. No pain....just the need for my skin and tissue to heal.

I am so happy that you feel comfortable with your size at this point. Please continue to keep us updated.

May the angels of healing be with you in these days and weeks ahead.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

yankfan042249

Postby yankfan042249 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:45 pm

RogerM wrote:Walt

I wish you the best. Hope everything goes great. I am about 2-1/2 weeks post-op & feeling good.

All went extremely well yesterday and I couldn't be better. Really no pain or too much discomfort at all which was sort of surprising.
houls all be downhill from here

billylee

Postby billylee » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Sounds good...just stay flat for hour or so intervals with ice pack then walk around for a little then stretch out again. more you are up the more you will swell to some decree. Keep care of yourself for several days. Take a little pain med to make all easier.
b
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

ronbstewart

Postby ronbstewart » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Glad to hear you're doing ok. I under went duel implant 4/1/14, AMS 700 LGX for my ED issue and AMS 800 for urine control, so far so good, some discomfort, but no real pain. I expected pain and discomfort level associated with this procedure to be about the same or more as my prostate removal for cancer 2 years ago. It has been much, much less. I go back to my Dr this coming Thursday.

Return to “Implants”