Experience with semi rigid implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ardennis

Experience with semi rigid implant

Postby Ardennis » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm 42 and had a semi rigid implant about 1.5 years ago. My doctor stayted that the semi rigid was the better choice because men were having problems w the pump style implant. I still have the same sensations with use but I do feel as thou I lost length and girth. My wife complains that it is uncomfortable and painful as well as penetration is very awkward and the rods bend easily. Anyone else have any experience w semi rigid or malleable implant?

rlm1818

Re: Experience with semi rigid implant

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:04 pm

If you search the implant forum for "malleable" you will find a few others who have had one.

Your doc's view about the malleable being the better choice is a minority view. Maybe even an extreme minority view. Doc's will sometimes still do them (eg mine does) but only when nothing else will work. If you are unhappy with it, you can visit one or more docs who are experienced implant surgeons and see what they recommend for you. Implants are replaceable, though no one really wants to have a second surgery unless they are really unhappy.

IPP's will expand to whatever girth you can be, unlike the malleable. Search for articles about NLMT ("New length measuring technique") where they research more aggressive length sizing for IPP's, but don't recommend it for malleable's due to erosion risk. Therefore, if sized correctly, you should get better length with an IPP. IPP's are generally more natural both flaccid and erect, and more rigid when erect, though you can adjust the rigidity. Malleable's have a much greater erosion risk. Most guys wives, or SO's or girlfriends, are pretty happy with IPPs.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Ardennis

Postby Ardennis » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Thanks for the advice. I am in the process of getting a second opinion from a different dr. I have no physical limitations as to why I would not qualify for an inflatable vs the malleable.

Daniel37

Postby Daniel37 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:26 pm

I had a semi rigid for one year and I didn´t like it. I had it replaced. Now I have a AMS 700CX for 5 years. It works fine, but, as I said in a previous post, whenever I am using pants and seated I fell some pain.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:35 am

To my knowledge, malleable implants are usually recommended if the patient does not have the manual dexterity to
inflate an IPP (Inflatable Penile Prosthesis). E.g., a patient with severe rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
Personally, I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 and my wife and I have been enjoying it to the
fullest for the past 6+ years and counting.
I would do it again in a heart-beat!!

Best of Luck,
Bob

Bigtime071

Postby Bigtime071 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Yes the semi ridgid sucks. Ive had one for about a year. Thankfully my dr is going to install an lgx in sep or dec 2014. The erection is bendable and girth and length is bad too. Its like a 70 percent erection at best maybe 65. Its like trying to have sex with a water hose. No joke.

fnrldir07

Postby fnrldir07 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:22 pm

I have actually thought about having my Titan pulled out and having the semi ridge implant implanted. I was implanted with the Titan in June 2013 and it wasn't done correctly so i was re-implanted in November 2013. I have lost about 3.5 inches in length. It hurts to pump it up and the pump even though i pulled and pulled at it, it is sitting on the shaft of my penis. It is causing problems in my relationship and is about to end because we haven't been able to have sex in almost a year. My doc said it should have gotten bigger. Its to the point where I am like hey I am a 29 year old male who now has a penis I can't use and my partner wants to leave to have sex with other people. I have even been thinking about just ending everything. Has anyone else had problems like this. What else can you do if basically you are a guy in what should be the sexual prime of his life and he has a non working penis?

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Who was your doctor? It sounds like you need to go see the best... Dr Andrew Kramer, and see what he can do to fix it
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:41 pm

fnrldir07 wrote:I have actually thought about having my Titan pulled out and having the semi ridge implant implanted. I was implanted with the Titan in June 2013 and it wasn't done correctly so i was re-implanted in November 2013. I have lost about 3.5 inches in length. It hurts to pump it up and the pump even though i pulled and pulled at it, it is sitting on the shaft of my penis. It is causing problems in my relationship and is about to end because we haven't been able to have sex in almost a year. My doc said it should have gotten bigger. Its to the point where I am like hey I am a 29 year old male who now has a penis I can't use and my partner wants to leave to have sex with other people. I have even been thinking about just ending everything. Has anyone else had problems like this. What else can you do if basically you are a guy in what should be the sexual prime of his life and he has a non working penis?

Go get other opinions ASAP

fnrldir07

Postby fnrldir07 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:25 pm

The doctor that didn't do the 1st surgery correctly was dr. manacle in Joliet, IL and second one was Dr. Kaplinski in Park Ridge, IL. I have been to 5 different Urologist. I just got off the phone with Titan and they said the second doctor possible sized the implant wrong also.

Return to “Implants”