Not sure of how to handle this...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wanttokno

Not sure of how to handle this...

Postby wanttokno » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:19 am

... but I've begun my pre-op prep this evening; two nights of wiping down after drying post shower, with 2 separate 2% chlorhexadrine gluconate cloths and then allowing it to dry. Well about 4 hours ago I followed my printed directions and am now sitting here with a scrotum that feels like I've dipped it in lava, my sack is an incredibly angry shade of red with a burning feeling that hasn't gone away even though I've washed it off.
All that aside, my problem is that I'm receiving the implant through the VA and have the surgery scheduled for monday at 8 am. The urological clinic is closed till Monday so I'm struggling to figure out how and what I should do as there is no one present at the VA at this time whom I can ask, I kinda doubt that the VA ER can give me a solid answer. I really don't want to jeopardize the procedure as that would be the 4th delay in as many months, my friends and family that are helping me and my wife through this procedure have rescheduled repeatedly and lost enough personal and vacation time.
For now I've slathered my sack in aloe mixed with colloidal silver hoping that it will heal over night, but, do you think that it will be likely that the VA will cancel my surgery if I don't perform my pre-op scrub/prep? I'm already anxious enough just with the upcoming slice and dice and now this. Thanks for any replies, peace...
57 years old. Implanted 04/23/14 with an
LGX 18cm +3.
Current size 7.6-7.7 inch length, 5 inch girth
65 ml reservoir filled with 45 ml
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1
Current size 7.5 in l x 5.5 g

oldgoat

Re: Not sure of how to handle this...

Postby oldgoat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 am

I would call a pharmacist for advice. Actually you could call 2 or 3 to get opinions.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:30 am

Hey wanttookno,

VERY disappointing that the VA doesn't have someone you can call 24/7. I think we should all expect this from any medical provider doing surgery, and they should be available during the pre-op prep as well as during recovery. If you call the ER maybe they can get someone from urology for you?

You might try googling the solution you are using. One thing I came up with when I did a quick look is "Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition." Maybe if you look more you will find something more helpful. Maybe you're allergic?
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

wanttokno

Postby wanttokno » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Thanks for your replies guys, I was mainly just freaking out late last night. I'm in a much better place now, OG, I've spoken to two pharmacists, my brother and my brother in-law, they both only had kind of generic advise, and they both have doctorates, go figure??! rlm, I did manage to get through to a VA helpline but the nurse on the line evidently didn't graduate anywhere near the top of her class, so no help there. I next tried the VA ER and they were unable to advise me for some reason. Finally I looked online for the university posting for my surgeon as he is a teacher/professor at a nearby medical school. In addition to being an instructor at the school he is also the universities director of urological reconstructive surgery. Anyway I called his answering service and left a message, and was called back about a half of an hour later by one of the two attending surgical residents who will assist in the procedure. She allayed my fears and said that as long as I didn't have any blisters I should be fine. Then just about 20 minutes ago my surgeon called and after giving him the lowdown on my scrotal situation he agreed with the resident but added that I should do no more pre-op prep than washing with a non moisturizing soap this evening and liberally applying aloe till then as often as needed to relieve the burning. So I'm doing/feeling better and am now just anxious to be waking up in recovery so that the healing can begin. Again thanks for your thoughts on my scorched scrote, peace...
57 years old. Implanted 04/23/14 with an
LGX 18cm +3.
Current size 7.6-7.7 inch length, 5 inch girth
65 ml reservoir filled with 45 ml
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1
Current size 7.5 in l x 5.5 g

Return to “Implants”