A concern at end of day nine post-op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
billylee

A concern at end of day nine post-op

Postby billylee » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:20 am

After a ride of couple of hours with wife to pick up grand daughter I was feeling good but when back home and showering I notice a change in size somewhat. Now maybe this is swelling I had and did not know to be swelling, that has gone down, but my shaft appeared almost an inch shorter and the original tightness was not as great. I had been feeling that I had an almost usable for penetration erection, but suddenly I did not. Again, perhaps the healing per day nine, and today at day ten i look better than eleven days ago, however I do look different than nine days ago on day after surgery. I have placed a call to check seriousness of my concern, but I have to admit that I fear a leak in pump and I do not want to pump it on my on until instructed. I, of course, do not know what I am suppose to look like at this point because I had such a "turtle" penis in flaccid. I find the healing time of six weeks already difficult in not knowing what to expect from day to day. I have done so well, little swelling to my knowledge and so void of pain, just some discomfort and the twins getting used to their new buddy. billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Bionic_by_AMS

Re: A concern at end of day nine post-op

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:32 am

billylee,
Most likely just the swelling going down a bit ... at day 9 I wouldn't be too concerned.
Soak in your tub for a while ... pumps rarely leak ... it takes several weeks for the swelling to go completely down and the color to return to natural.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

billy1947

Postby billy1947 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

I just ended my third week since surgery (Feb 27) and I am not as large as the first two weeks, and I really can't afford to lose anymore size. I don't know how much I am pumped up but, but I sure hope it is not all the way up. You might want to contact your Doctor if you have serious concerns. I didn't realize I was swelled as much as I was.

billylee

Re: A concern at end of day nine post-op: UPDATE

Postby billylee » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:41 am

update.....office nurse assured me it was swelling going down and not a leak. Suggested I might see numerous changes while I wait for that first post-op visit on April 28th. Also, seeing the tubes that are only slightly inflate see to move around some is part of it.

billy1947 , I know exactly what you mean about not having enough to loose, but with the new girth and a few pumps I think I, and she, can be satisfied. I might have offered five plus a tad at best before, but if the offer only lasted 30 seconds then I believe I can be more satisfying with SOLID four plus girth in the future. Like you, I believe we were swollen more than we thought, perhaps just admiring what we saw not realizing it was partially going away, but I feel it will return in time as we have not seen full inflation yet.......look out!

bio, my particular surgeon prefers NO TUB BATHS just yet, but the shower feels good. I believe my color has peeked, scores looking better, and comfort getting better with each day. I am up and around a lot but just trying to make myself not lift anything of weight.

thanks all. i am pleased so far.

billy
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:43 am

Yes all this will go away, I was very pleased with my surgery at Duke hospital but one thing I was not was the six weeks waiting. I am going to suggest to my ur that there be a 10 day visit of nothing else to answer all the questions you have. Out of surgery he pumped it up to 30% to keep me from losing length and left it until my 6 weeks checkup. I had a Titian implanted 12/5/13............I have everything back and more girth. The woman in my life loves it!

Jim

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:26 pm

I thought I didn't have much if any swelling after surgery, but somewhere around day 12 after surgery things got smaller, so yes, what you experienced is not unusual.

I've said this before, but I think everyone should wait at least 6 months to evaluate their outcome, on whatever aspects you're concerned about (eg size, sensation, pain, orgasm, etc). Some guys are pretty well settled in a few weeks, but many of us, even with easy recoveries, have experienced changes and differences long after. I know of one guy who got a sudden increase in girth at 9 months post op when some scar tissue broke up. There are one or two who felt they were seeing length differences even after a year and a half. I've heard indirect claims of length changes even 3 years out.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

billylee

Postby billylee » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks jim, billy, bio, rim, and all,
I actually think I see small changes depending on the fact that I have been sitting, laying, etc for any period of time. Fortunately, in the morning all continues to look about the same from day to day (now day 15).....and pleasing compared to the flaccid I previously saw. I am a little concerned that IT points to left somewhat. Since I am told that there may be many changes, I hesitate mentioning to surgeon until first post op appt April 28th. Although I do not think this "point left" syndrone would interfear to much in use, it is obvious...at least to me at this time. Hopefully when inflated nearer to max shaft will appear straighter.

Healing continues and I am putting in my first full day at work, nothing strenious.

Billy

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:01 pm

billylee,
I too hang slightly to the left post surgery ... yes it does straighten out when pumped up ... enough so I can hang a bath towel on it ( :D )
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Bionic_by_AMS wrote:billylee,
I too hang slightly to the left post surgery ... yes it does straighten out when pumped up ... enough so I can hang a bath towel on it ( :D )

Now that is what I look forward to....amongst other things. And to be able to have that towel hanging while I sing a complete song rather than just a few lines.

b

Return to “Implants”