Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alabama2015

Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

Postby Alabama2015 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello,

I am 65 and have been using injections for about 3 years with decreasing success. I cannot get a full evection any more so have scheduled implant surgery for April 9th with Dr. Andrew Kramer in Baltimore. After reading may of the strings on the blog I have become less nervous (especially confident in the Dr.. But I am really worried abut two things right now.

First is the shortening. I am already very short and dread losing more. Is losing length a given? Have people had good experience with GAINING (but at least maintaining) length with the AMS 700 LRX? (The Dr. said he would implant either the Coloplast or the AMS but that he usually uses the coloplast).

Next is the time of recovery. I will have surgery early Wednesday morning and will fly back to Colorado on Friday afternoon. I also have an important meeting on the 15th that I probably cannot reschedule. Should I expect to be able to do those two things or will the pain be too much? The April 15th meeting will be short and I will have to walk a couple of blocks to get there. Dr. Kramers and his site say that the flight will be fine and that people can go back to work in 3 days.

I have read a lot about the pain, but noting specific to a given procedure or especially to Dr. Kramer.

Your thoughts

Hard Fast

Re: Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

Postby Hard Fast » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:04 am

Hello tcasper1. I am 63 and have recently had a Titan implant. Shortening is a reality but I am really pleased with the results. I am away from home until Friday and will get back in touch with more details when I have access to a word processor.
Regards,
Mike

billylee

Postby billylee » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:27 pm

I had surgery one week ago today. I had little swelling nor pain and for several days just laid around with ice pack as instructed with a walk around every hour or so. Although bruising was starting to appear more so by day 6-7, soreness was minimal. One of my jobs required no lifting and mostly just paper work so I drove twenty minutes this morning to indulge for a couple of hours. I made it fine with my pillow but was starting to get a little tight and uncomfortable in the two hours. I wore fairly tight briefs and placed handkerchief over penis to keep it pressed to abdomin. Surprisingly I got in jeans fine. I am back on sofa with ice pack just to play it safe now and do not feel I over did it.

I am/was a small "grower" and I am very pleased at this point. I will remain inflated perhaps 35% until April 28th when I go back to surgeon.

Billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

tankerman777

Postby tankerman777 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:20 pm

My advice to you would be to get the implant and don't suffer with ED more then you have to. I got the AMSCX and my only regret is that I didn't have this done 15 years ago. I maybe lost just a little girth but it really isn't noticable I can still feel my penis trying to get hard on its own whicth makes it even better. My ED has been cured I am so happy that I had this done :D .
I am 49 years old have suffered from ED all my life. I have used pills and injections, I have had enough of all of that. I went and got an implant AMS700CX 9/4/13 so far I have no regrets. I LOVE THIS THING IT IS GREAT NO MORE ED WHOOHOO!!!!!.

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Casper.
I am 69 years old and had a titan implanted on Nov 15 2013 and am very pleased.
I asked the doctor if I would loose any length and he said no.
He gave me a choice of manufacturers and I asked which one he thought was the best for me.
He said the titan and I said yes. Long story short,,
After out patient surgery//5 hours in the hospital// I went home with some pain but not unbearable. About 4" long. I went back after 6 weeks and he showed me how to pump it up and gave the ok to use it. Intercoarse was a little painful for about a month but now I am almost back to the sensation that I had 10 years ago. The full length ,6", has returned and a little more girth.
I think it comes down to the skill of the surgeon and proper sizing of the implant.
My surgeon was Dr Jonas Benson at europartners in Winfield ,I'll. He trained at rush university medical center in Chicago.
Highly recommended by me. But every surgery has different parameters.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Casper,

Congratulations on making the decision to go ahead with surgery. I suffered from ED for over 18 years and the last 7 was using injections and my body responded just like yours. The injections became less successful and finally they stopped working at all.

On August 6, 2013, I had an AMS MS700LGX implanted. I took 4 weeks off work (I had built up the PTO time). The swelling was not very significant but the pain was something I had to work through. I was on pain meds for 5 days and then things eased up a bit. I did find that sleeping was a bit difficult. I normally don't sleep on my back and when I tried to roll over, things got very painful. I discovered that the "U" shaped neck pillow that I used in my lounge chair worked very well to support my penis and scrotum when in bed. I just put the pillow under and around the area and kept my penis lifted up and supported my scrotum. By the way, my surgery sight was peno-scrotal, about 1-1/4" horizontal incision at the top of my scrotum just below my penis. The incision sight turned out to be the most painful but all was managed with OTC meds.

About size...I went into surgery measuring 5-1/2" long by 4-1/2" girth. During surgery my doctor did a stretch test and my penis measured 4-1/2". After surgery I was very disappointed that my size remained at 4-1/2" after I awoke from surgery with my penis inflated to 75%. Long story short....I kept stretching through inflation and today I measure a strong 6" long by 5-1/2" in girth. I am VERY happy with the results. And the sensation in my glans (penis head) is starting to return and I can even get a partial erection since the cavernosa tissue is still in place, only compacted with the cylinders going down through the middle.

I certainly am willing to answer any questions you might have, as others on this site have indicated.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through surgery.

Blessings,

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

Alabama2015

Postby Alabama2015 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:45 am

Thanks Bob and others. I am assuming your measurements are erect.

Have others had this increase with the AMS 700 LGX.

glockhead

Postby glockhead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 am

I had an AMS 700 implant Sept 2013 and did lose a bit of length. They told me this would happen and although I wish it had not, it better to have an erection than not!. Good luck!

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 am

I had Titian implanted 12/5/13 at Duke Hospital here in Raleigh NC. In my rersearch I found that th Titian was more durable gave a stronger erection and lasted longer. 3-4 of the top implant surgeons in the US recommend Titian. My doctor does both but also recommened Titian, he does 125-150 a year so I took his advice. I got all my length and gained in girth. I wish I had done it 10 years ago. I you want to talk get in touch my e-mail is jryancey44@frontier.com

Good luck!

Jim

Mastercard

Postby Mastercard » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Tcasper

I am not sure if you are coming to baltimore by yourself or not, but if you are coming alone, I live in Baltimore and will be willing to pick you up from the airport and take you to Dr. Kramer's office or University hospital. I am still considering the implant myself and happy for people like you and others that had the courage to make the decision. I will also be willing to take you back to the airport. If you can use the assistance just pm me and we can make the arrangements.
65 yrs old with long history of ED. RP in 2015. Used pills and injections they became ineffective. Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Aug 2 2017 Titan 22 cm 1 rte

Return to “Implants”