Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RogerM

Re: Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

Postby RogerM » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:31 am

TCasper

I am 2 weeks post-op right now. I had a Coloplast Titan installed on March 13th by Dr Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. hospital. He used the horizontal infrapubic incision. I am 59 yo. My pain has been very minimal; much less than I feared. I took a percoset after dinner on the day of surgery & switched to Tylenol Extra Strength the next day. Two days after surgery I reduced to only 1 Tylenol twice per day & took it for it's anti-inflammatory properties as much as for pain. On post-op day 2 I went grocery shopping with my roommates. I let them do the lifting but I had no problem walking around the supermarket for an hour or so although I do remember I was very tired after the experience.

I strongly recommend you have the operation. I've heard a lot of great things about Dr. Kramer; I suggest you talk with him about your concern for loss of length & let him decide which implant is best for you. I also strongly recommend you apply ice for the first 3 days or so following surgery to reduce swelling; I think that will help reduce pain in the long-run. Good luck & God bless.
61, Type II Diabetes and ED for 10 yrs.
Coloplast Titan OTR 22cm + (2) 1 cm RTEs on 3/13/14 by Dr. Bruce Garber at Hahnemann Univ. Hospital/Philadelphia, PA

bob1138

Re: Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

Postby bob1138 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:25 am

Casper,
Best of luck with your upcoming Penile Implant.
I have heard only very positive things about Dr. Kramer's skill as an Implant Surgeon.
I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in February 2004.
The Titan completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
After the Post-Op healing period, I have about the same length but definitely have more penile girth.
My wife and I have been enjoying my Implant to the fullest for the past 6+ years and counting.
I would do it again in a heart-beat!!
Feel free to PM me if you have any non-medical questions or would just like to talk.
Bob

Return to “Implants”