Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alabama2015

Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

Postby Alabama2015 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Hello,

I am 65 and have been using injections for about 3 years with decreasing success. I cannot get a full evection any more so have scheduled implant surgery for April 9th with Dr. Andrew Kramer in Baltimore. After reading may of the strings on the blog I have become less nervous (especially confident in the Dr.. But I am really worried abut two things right now.

First is the shortening. I am already very short and dread losing more. Is losing length a given? Have people had good experience with GAINING (but at least maintaining) length with the AMS 700 LRX? (The Dr. said he would implant either the Coloplast or the AMS but that he usually uses the coloplast).

Next is the time of recovery. I will have surgery early Wednesday morning and will fly back to Colorado on Friday afternoon. I also have an important meeting on the 15th that I probably cannot reschedule. Should I expect to be able to do those two things or will the pain be too much? The April 15th meeting will be short and I will have to walk a couple of blocks to get there. Dr. Kramers and his site say that the flight will be fine and that people can go back to work in 3 days.

I have read a lot about the pain, but noting specific to a given procedure or especially to Dr. Kramer.

Your thoughts

Roadrunner

Re: Getting Implant on April 9th w/ few questions

Postby Roadrunner » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:16 am

Hello there. It is difficult to say with 100% which is the best implant. It usually depends on the Doctor and which is his favorite. The recovery time is different for all guys also. I have talked with guys who had no pain and some who pain for two weeks. You just never know completely. I talked with one guy who was back at work after a couple of days.

For me personally I was in pain for three days and was able to walk after that. I still had residual pain for about two weeks after that. Mostly after I walked some distance.

The shortening does occur to some degree. Not everyone looses length. Some do though. It took me some time to understand why that happened. My doctor tried to explain it to me, but it was over my head for some time until I studied how the penis works.
When a man gets a normal erection his body attempts to get the best erection that it can. The implant only acts as a stiffening agent. To get a better erection you will need to be aroused sexually causing more blood to flow in what is left of the veins in your penis after surgery, which will help in the length and girth also.

The implant will after about six months relax a little and stretch more so some of the half inch or inch you lose now will eventually return.

This is my opinion only from my experience as I am not a medical professional.

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:03 pm

I am about 3 months out from my Titian implant. All my length came back and I added girth. Being an engineer I did a lot of research on this, I would highly recommend the coloplast Titian,it is more durable,gives a stronger erection and last longer according to studies. 3 or 4 of the top surgeons in th US recommend the Titian, that should speak volumes. I am very pleased with mine!

Jim jim27601@yahoo.com if you want to discuss it.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:46 am

tcasper1,
Didn't your Dr do a Flaccid Stretch Test"?

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

This visual flaccid measurement does not show the expansion of the glans (head) as it would when you were younger and the glans also enlarged when erect. An Implant does not increase the swelling of the glans when pumped up.

Reducing your "Fat Pad" increases the useable length ...

As for your flight and a short meeting ... you should be Ok, but don't push it ... take your pain meds as needed. Just don't take too much "just to get through the meeting" ... good luck with your surgery.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Implants”