3-14 IPP update

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
crash220

3-14 IPP update

Postby crash220 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:17 am

Well I went bionic 3-11-14 with the help of Dr Geringer and GBMC in Baltimore.
My surgery was later in the day, 12:30, so I got to my room around 5:00 or so. When I woke up in recovery, my first thought is, "where are the drugs!!!"
Staff did a great job of pain control, the thing I hate the most is the every two hour wake, vitals check. So sleep was in two hour increments. Wed morning Dr G came in, unwrapped me, deflated me, removed cath and drain. I couldn't pee enough, so they cathed me again and kept me wed night. I am home now, and all and all doing well. Sore, but not nearly as bad as I feared it would be.

crash220

Re: 3-14 IPP update

Postby crash220 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:28 am

Doing this in steps so I don't get timed out.

Let me say this, Dr Geringer,, AAAA+++++ when I asked to speak with him, I did, maybe he had to call me back, but he took the time to answer my questions. His office staff, top notch, they sensed I had problems talking about it, and made me comfortable, now it is like talking about a hang nail. GREAT STAFF!!!!!!

GBMC, nothing but good things to say except for one staff DR, (however when I told him to find someone else to insert cath, he did) and one tech who didn't want to be there, and EVERYONE, including patients knew it. I plan on writing a letter to GBMC and let them know. Hell, there are days I hate my job, but in front of customers I put on a show. The rest of the GBMC staff is awesome!!

chandlerman4649

Re: 3-14 IPP update

Postby chandlerman4649 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:44 pm

Glad you made though surgery OK. I, too, had an overall positive experience with the staff where I had my surgery at Chandler Regional Medical Center, Chandler, AZ. I had two nurses who definitely had very poor people skills and bed-side manners. One tortured me by trying to insert a needle for IV before surgery. After many pokes with several different needles, I refused to let her continue and told her to find someone to help. The other nurse knew her way around the beeping IV machines and computer at my bedside but almost completely ignored me as a patient. After others rescued me from that situation, everything else went great. I guess everyone has a bad day occasionally.

Good luck on your continued healing. In a few months, you will wonder why you didn't get this done sooner.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

Return to “Implants”