Take 2-A

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
gregorbehr

Take 2-A

Postby gregorbehr » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:51 am

It's now been 14 months since my botched implant was put in and removed 21 days later.
I've been able to find a new kick-@ss doc at UCSF Medical Center, who has been doing follow-up care with me for the past year.
We've decided to first tackle a painful knot of scar tissue that formed right after the first implant was removed, just at the base of the glans.
Shockingly, my insurance just approved this out of network procedure without me having to jump through a series of hoops... so surprising that even my primary care doctor was blown away that she didn't have to write a lengthy letter outlining why I need to see this particular urologist.
So scar tissue snip-snip is set for April 24th. Hopefully it will be an out-patient event. But the urologist is smart in not promising anything and said he'll cut me loose that day if NOTHING goes wrong. Fair enough.

We'll then see how the healing process goes and if it looks good, I'm aiming for implant #2 in mid August. So here is hoping all goes well and I'll be sporting a bionic boner by the fall!!!

Greg
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

LGX_Man

Re: Take 2-A

Postby LGX_Man » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Best of luck on that! Keep me in touch.
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

Return to “Implants”