6th day and still in lots of pain.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dennov

Re: 6th day and still in lots of pain.

Postby dennov » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm now on day 20 and I'm still in lots of pain, scrotum is swollen and feels like there's a solid mass in there (the right side-where the pump was installed). My penis is swollen as well, I was told to lay off the ice and take 2 hot baths a day to try and break up the mass in my sack (I guess the idea is that the heat will melt or break down the solid mass so it will liquefy and move on). Anyone else have this problem? How long did it take to go away? I'm going through Norco like it's candy and am so tired of being in pain.
61 year old with a 23 cm Titan.

tankerman777

Postby tankerman777 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Some people have longer periods of pain then others. I had pain for about 5 weeks I still have some pain but very little when I pump up fully. Give it time to heal sometimes it takes 6 months so relax and follow your Docs instructions and you will be fine. Nathan
I am 49 years old have suffered from ED all my life. I have used pills and injections, I have had enough of all of that. I went and got an implant AMS700CX 9/4/13 so far I have no regrets. I LOVE THIS THING IT IS GREAT NO MORE ED WHOOHOO!!!!!.

dennov

Postby dennov » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Nathan, today is day 23 and I am still hurting, still swollen. Hopefully it passes soon, I hate taking pain meds. Also I'm a little discouraged from the loss of size (length and girth) but all I can seem to think about right now is the never-ending pain.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:50 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a rough recovery. I'm sure you and your doc know this, but pain for a long time, and things like masses, can be a sign of infection, though the odds that is the case are still small. So if I were in your shoes I'd be checking in pretty regularly with my doc until things get getter.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

dennov

Postby dennov » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:41 pm

I was worried about infection but the doctor has seen me since the swelling came up and says everything is normal except I may have done some damage when I pulled on the pump. I also tried to deflate it some the day of my first appointment (one week after surgery) so I may have caused some bruising while being too aggressive with the pulling or deflation. March 11th will be one month since the surgery and I still can't feel the pump due to the swelling. I see the doctor on the 13th so maybe he'll have more to say on the subject. I thought he may want to put in a drain but he said he didn't want to risk infection.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

newly1

Postby newly1 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:47 am

I had my incision above my dick about two inches. Never had much pain. What does your euro say? I can still see the scar, Im not a real hairy person. Wish I could help you more. I can pray for you.

dennov

Postby dennov » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi newly1, my incision was above the penis too. He said there were less complications and faster healing with that approach. My pain and swelling are still there and this is day 25, I feel that this is not quite normal and I'm worried that there may be something else going on besides the trauma of the surgery that is causing the pain and swelling. I'm stuck at about 30-40% inflated and I can't feel the pump because of the swelling to try and deflate it (it's very awkward to walk around with a semi-erection :oops: ). I keep hoping the swelling will go down but it just stays the same day after day.

And yes, your prayers would be very much appreciated, thank you!!

dennov

Postby dennov » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Well the doctor said I had a hematoma in my scrotum due to my squeezing the pump (or release valve) too hard, I guess I broke a blood vessel and my sac filled up with blood and now I have to wait it out (which according to an article I read it could take 1-2 months). I feel like my implant is stuck at 30% inflated and I can't feel the release valve to deflate it so I'm stuck in limbo with a semi erection and a setback in my pumping routine.

Anyway, make sure you guys don't go nuts :) when squeezing things down there or you could possibly set yourself back a couple of months like I did.

Return to “Implants”