Saline Pump Stuck To Scrotum

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
uglygrizzly

Re: The Latest From Dr. Kramer... Saline Pump Stuck To Scrotum

Postby uglygrizzly » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Dear User,

Your question was as follows :

So what should I do about my scrotum
being stuck to/attached to my saline
pump?

Here is Dr. Kramer's answer:

This is too complex for me to answer by email- you'd likely have to be examined by someone there locally to get a meaningful answer.

Please do not reply to this Email. Visit http://www.umm.edu to post any further questions.

Thank you,

Ask The Expert Administrator

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This content is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of any condition or any other medical purpose without the advice and supervision of your personal physician or health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, disclosing, reproducing, or distributing this information and should immediately delete this document.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the wait and stew drawing board...
Last edited by uglygrizzly on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uglygrizzly

Re: Saline Pump Stuck To Scrotum

Postby uglygrizzly » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:01 am

Today's response...

GZ

Dear User,

Your question was as follows :

So what should I do about my scrotum
being stuck to/attached to my saline
pump?

Here is Dr. Kramer's answer:

This is too complex for me to answer by email- you'd likely have to be examined by someone there locally to get a meaningful answer.

Please do not reply to this Email. Visit http://www.umm.edu to post any further questions.

Thank you,

Ask The Expert Administrator

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This content is provided for informational purposes only. It should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of any condition or any other medical purpose without the advice and supervision of your personal physician or health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from using, disclosing, reproducing, or distributing this information and should immediately delete this document.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

proactive

Postby proactive » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:20 am

Not sure how far you are from Baltimore for Dr. Kramer to examine you. I would figure it would be worth a 4 or 5 hour drive. I am sure that there is a surgical answer for your problem. It may even be resolved without any additional surgery. You are probably not going to get the personal response that we have comment on from him unless you are a patient who he has seen or is about to see. I am also sure that there are many other well qualified doctors out there who could offer a good second opinion. I am only able to recommend Dr. K though, because he is the only one that I have any experience with.
The reason that I think that there is a solution, is because I thought that my pump settled in too high for my liking. Dr. Kramer was happy with the position but he said that he could move it down an inch or more with in about 5 min of surgery if I still felt that way in 3 months. He thought that I would be happy with it by that time. He was right. I no longer think it needs to be moved. So I would think that if the pump is attached to your scrotum then it could be detached in the operating room.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

uglygrizzly

Postby uglygrizzly » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks for your posts, Proactive; I'm about as far from Baltimore as I can get without swimming out into the Pacific Ocean.

uglygrizzly

Re: Saline Pump Stuck To Scrotum (Delete)?

Postby uglygrizzly » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Obviously I need to delete some duplicated posts. I haven't found any directions as to how to delete.

GZ

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:28 am

I should have mentioned that after a few weeks of initial healing, I occasionally pulled at the skin while holding the pump to try to detach the tissue but I am not sure if it helped. My surgeon also tried to move the tissue at each weekly visit for the first 6 weeks but he kept saying that he was sure it would "fix" itself as I healed. And as I mentioned earlier, he was right. At my last exam last month, he again checked my scrotum and also noticed the tissue was detached and the pump was moving freely around the right side of my scrotum.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

uglygrizzly

Postby uglygrizzly » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:29 am

chandlerman4649 wrote:I should have mentioned that after a few weeks of initial healing, I occasionally pulled at the skin while holding the pump to try to detach the tissue but I am not sure if it helped. My surgeon also tried to move the tissue at each weekly visit for the first 6 weeks but he kept saying that he was sure it would "fix" itself as I healed. And as I mentioned earlier, he was right. At my last exam last month, he again checked my scrotum and also noticed the tissue was detached and the pump was moving freely around the right side of my scrotum.

Bob

There is very little change as far as I can tell. I still have scrotum tissue stuck to the saline pump. I still have a lot of pain in my penis. My pump is quite close to the top of my scrotum on the right side, and I can tell that the saline reservoir (which seems to sit in front of my pubic bone) connector line comes down around the right side of the penis. The line is not very long; I don't think it would allow the pump to settle to the bottom of the scrotum even if the scrotum were not attached to the pump. I have only had two visits since my surgery on January 22nd, not weekly as you say you have had. Anyway, maybe the "fit" will hit the "shan" when I go back to see the surgeon this coming Friday, March 7th? I hoping for some good news.

Thanks for your posts!

GZ

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 am

:o My surgeon at Duke Hospital in NC told me to massage it down to the bottom twice a day sitting in a warm bath 15 minute at the time for 6 weeks. He said if you did not scar tissue would form around it. He showed me all the different implants AMS and Coloplast Titian before the surgery, he does 125-150 of these a year at Duke. I had my implant 12-5-13 it is doing great and no problem with the pump. It is also an advantage to have the quick release otr pump,it is just a little bigger than one of my nuts :D In fact it is hard to tell the difference I mashed one of them thinking it was the pump last week :o Boy that was learning experience! :shock:

Jim

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Ouch, I know what it is like squeezing the wrong thing! Since my pump has lowered, it actually hangs lower than my two balls so now I call it my third ball. I am surprised GZ that you say your reservoir is located in front of your pubic bone. My surgeon placed my reservoir up through my inguinal ring and into my abdomen. He even had to poke through mesh that was put in place during one of my 6 hernia surgeries. However, I do feel the tube which goes from my pump in my scrotum up into my abdomen, especially if I inflate "to the max".

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

uglygrizzly

Postby uglygrizzly » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:44 pm

At my last visit, Doc showed me how to inflate/deflate my penis. I can see/feel some difference, but nothing like the "educational videos" that were available before surgery. My pump seems very difficult to operate (requires a humungous amount of finger pressure); even then results are not immediately evident, even though Doc says it's useable (with a little hesitancy in his voice). I lost a couple of inches of penis length during prostate removal surgery. I'm so used to having ED and a disinterested wife that I don't have a habit of using my penis for intercourse. It doesn't help that she is physically fragile and has never expressed much of an interest in sex except when she wanted to have kids. IMPORTANT QUESTION: Have your Docs said anything to you about a must do regular practice session? If so, I may be dooming my surgery to certain failure because I have a lot of other things going on in my life besides penis practice. If ya don't use it ya lose it?

It is quite difficult to find the release valve on my pump. Also, my pump is still stuck to my scrotum, and perhaps because of that, is still located quite high in my scrotum... so high, as a matter of fact, that the skin of the scrotum is shoved out on to the base of the penis by the pump and its various connecting pipelines. Oh, and the "GOOD NEWS"; I've been notified by Medicare that they are declining to pay the $52,000.00 surgeon's charge. Maybe this can be re-coded on office paperwork? Before surgery I was assured by Doc that Medicare would cover the cost, and that it would be like becoming a 17-year-old again! Here's my big HA! :o

76 year old fart.

Return to “Implants”