Auto Inflation AMS 700 CX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
nuguy2

Auto Inflation AMS 700 CX

Postby nuguy2 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:17 am

I experience auto inflation to approximately 30-40% erection from time to time with my AMS 700cx. It occurs when my bladder is full .... sorta like the old piss hard on. I thought that the implant had a valve that prevented auto inflation. I am having a problem with urine retention so I suspect that my bladder is somewhat enlarged; however, I believe the retention started prior to my implant surgery in June of last year. I saw a post on here once that someone's URO said to give pump one one good squeeze after deflating to set the valve ..... has anyone else been told to do this?

I have another problem which might be related to the auto inflation. Most often when I try to inflate it is impossible to "crack" the pump bulb ie get that click feel on first stroke that allows you to easily squeeze the bulb to achieve full erection. With out the "crack", the pump bulb does not refill with fluid. I usually have to fully deflate and wait 30-60 seconds before pumping .... the bulb will then "crack" and I can easily inflate.

I tried the one pump after deflate technique. It only caused a minor erect state and I did not seem to become more erect from a full bladder. After two days I tried depressing the bulb and it was easy to pump .... did not get the "crack" but was able to inflate without a problem.

I haven't been able to get much info out of my URO on this .... would appreciate you sharing your experience if you have had this problem. Do you have a contact name and number for an AMS rep that might be willing to talk about this?

wanttokno

Re: Auto Inflation AMS 700 CX

Postby wanttokno » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:56 am

Hello nuguy, while I can't comment on any aspect of auto-inflation I can give you the number to AMS : 800.328.3881 I hope that they can answer your questions, peace...
57 years old. Implanted 04/23/14 with an
LGX 18cm +3.
Current size 7.6-7.7 inch length, 5 inch girth
65 ml reservoir filled with 45 ml
Revision 11/14/22
Titan 22 cm + 1
Current size 7.5 in l x 5.5 g

wolfimplant

Postby wolfimplant » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I have the AMS LGX since a good 5 weeks, thus I am somewhat new…
I am not easily convinced that it has anything to do with your bladder.
Autoinflation to some % I experience also, and my penis is not exactly flaccid as what one expects.
But I am told, it is normal for some months.

Yes, the initial pop is required to inflate more easily.
Thus, I first deflate the % auto inflate, then I go for the pop to happen when inflating, and it does so every time !!

It is correct: That first squeeze is to be quick and hard as per AMS. But they should mention that pop matter instead.

I suspect that a certain amount of auto inflation might happen when one often sits down to do computer work, gets up, sits down etc….
and a slight pump action MIGHT happen….., especially when the pump is placed in the back of the scrotum, as my doctor was proud to
mention ( more concealed that way ). Perhaps the pump should not be placed that way to avoid slight auto inflate …..????
Hope this helps.
WOLF
AMS LGX Implant Dec. 9th, 2013

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:43 am

I was having the same problems with auto inflation and the lack of a “pop” making subsequent inflation more difficult. I mentioned it to my doctor at the last visit a couple of days ago and found that for the last 6 months I had not been deflating properly.

I have the AMS LGX 700 – I had been pushing in the deflate button and as soon as it had stopped “buzzing” kept my finger on the deflate button and squeezed to what I thought was deflated and like you I was having some auto inflate and lack the of “pop” after. Now as per new instructions I push and hold the deflate button for 10 seconds, I get the buzzing and it starts to deflate, keeping the button depressed I wait for the 10 seconds (even after the buzz has stopped), let go of the deflate button, squeeze the shaft and it continues to deflate fully.

Not sure if it’s the same with the CX but seems to work for me with the LGX.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

wolfimplant

Postby wolfimplant » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks Dave for this info which I will try as well.
One would think AMS would/should advise similarly.
WOLF
AMS LGX Implant Dec. 9th, 2013

Return to “Implants”