WILL I GAIN MY LENGTH BACK?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jryancey44

WILL I GAIN MY LENGTH BACK?

Postby jryancey44 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:38 pm

I had a coloplast Titian implanted on December 5th, I am going on 4 weeks now. I stretched over 6 inches in my doctor's office in the flaccid condition. Right now I have between 3.5-4 inches in the flaccid condition, I am concerned I may not gain that back has anyone else had this problem. Will I eventually gain that back? Thanks for any information.

Minnesota

Re: WILL I GAIN MY LENGTH BACK?

Postby Minnesota » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:51 pm

The titan is not meant to stretch in length when inflated. That being said the size that you tested at for the stretch test should be about the length of your penis now implanted for both flaccid and inflated.

I would give it more time to settle and heal before becoming concerned about the final product.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

bendermcbendy

Postby bendermcbendy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:52 pm

are you able to stretch your flaccid penis to 6 inches?

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:26 pm

If you use the advanced search function and search the implant forum for (as an example) "difference flaccid erect titan" you will find information about the difference between flaccid and erect for some of us Titan guys. In brief, its about 3/4 inch to an inch. I infer, though, you haven't tried inflating yet, so its possible there could be more difference from where you are now to the final result.

Do you know what size your Titan is (with rear tip extenders, if any). There is a general but imperfect correlation between implant size and final erect size. I'll try to find a link to some discussion on that too.

Update: here's a link viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3008&p=19875#p19875

Also, yes I got all my flaccid stretch, plus a little, and all my VED length, plus a little. OTOH I was 5 3/4 flaccid (BPL) shortly after surgery and ended up at 6 1/2 erect.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

proactive

Postby proactive » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:37 am

See my post. First inflation of Titan. When I came out of surgery I was lucky to be 3.5. I am now right at 5.5 which is what the pre surgery stretch test said I would be. It took a while for the swelling to go down. I would say it was close to week 10 before I got over 5. The biggest factor will be how much Titan the doctor put in you. I had 21cm put in on June 20th. Some people have been at 6 or over with the same size titan. Everything is seated very well, so I know that the doc did not under size me in surgery. I had a false BPL measurement the first 2 months because of the hematoma (how ever it is spelled) around the base that was hard. It was probably 8 to 10 weeks before that went away. It went completely soft over a period of 48 hours and I gained another inch at that point. I think you are going to be very close to the 6 inches assuming you got at least 21cm installed
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

jryancey44

Postby jryancey44 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks a lot yeah I am at week 4 and have already gained back to 5 inches pushing the pump. I am having trouble deflating, any advice?

Jim Thanks for the advice again!

proactive wrote:See my post. First inflation of Titan. When I came out of surgery I was lucky to be 3.5. I am now right at 5.5 which is what the pre surgery stretch test said I would be. It took a while for the swelling to go down. I would say it was close to week 10 before I got over 5. The biggest factor will be how much Titan the doctor put in you. I had 21cm put in on June 20th. Some people have been at 6 or over with the same size titan. Everything is seated very well, so I know that the doc did not under size me in surgery. I had a false BPL measurement the first 2 months because of the hematoma (how ever it is spelled) around the base that was hard. It was probably 8 to 10 weeks before that went away. It went completely soft over a period of 48 hours and I gained another inch at that point. I think you are going to be very close to the 6 inches assuming you got at least 21cm installed

Return to “Implants”