How did you guys get you insurance to cover this?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ChillOut2k

How did you guys get you insurance to cover this?

Postby ChillOut2k » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:30 pm

26 and ED, some days it makes you want to drink the afternoon away. Back to the topic, how did you guys get your insurance to cover this, I do not have a super duper insurance plan and this procedure is pricey and I'm in the NY Region. Some say go out of the country, but I'm not to comfortable with getting this procedure done in another country. Might wake up with a organ missing depending on where you go. I have heard some horror stories. Nothing against those that do. But we men of ED are like a brotherhood of it's own no matter the color. Nothing worst then staring at ass all day and not being able to deliver. Well maybe there is, but it just feels as if manhood has escaped you. Any advice is good advice chime in. Hopefully I'm not opening a twelve pack.

JDavid

Re: How did you guys get you insurance to cover this?

Postby JDavid » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:15 am

I was concerned about insurance coverage but my surgeon's office handled the whole thing. Getting paid is part of their expertise. My guess is that documented failure of other approaches might help. However, I suggest you find the right surgeon and let his/her office work out the insurance issues. If it's impossible, you can always cancel the surgery until you figure out a way.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

glockhead

Re: How did you guys get you insurance to cover this?

Postby glockhead » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm

i struggled with out any luck in getting my insurance company to pay but they agreed that it was medically necessary which allowed my doctors to proceed. now i'm going to struggle with the bill. i will get it figured out but at least the emotional side of not being able to deliver is not an issue any longer. i was looking at a center in Mexico near the California border but went with the Cleveland Clinic instead. I've had to go in a few times post-op to get some tips and practice and being 20 minutes away is great. figure out a way to get it done. you will be happy you did

Return to “Implants”