First Doctors Appt since implant surgery......

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Ronn1708

First Doctors Appt since implant surgery......

Postby Ronn1708 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Hey I was wondering if any guys might tell me what to expect on my first doctors visit
since having my implant? It is just one day shy of three weeks since the surgery.
No sure what to expect. Will they do any pumping ? My scrotum is just a little sensitive
but its very full. I am not sure if it will stay like this or if the doctor did something
to make it do this. My left testicle is descended but the right one is high and next to the
pump.
I have felt the bulb of the pump but have not been able to find the release button.
I got the Titan model.

Well any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Ronn
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

p1s8d2

Re: First Doctors Appt since implant surgery......

Postby p1s8d2 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm sorry I can't help as I don't go back until the end of December but good luck Ronn! Let me know how you make out. All the best
40 years old from the East Coast
ED since my 20's and have no idea what caused it
Implanted on 11/19/13 with the AMS 700 LGX via John Hopkins Urology

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Hey I was wondering if any guys might tell me what to expect on my first doctors visit
since having my implant? It is just one day shy of three weeks since the surgery.
No sure what to expect. Will they do any pumping ? My scrotum is just a little sensitive
but its very full. I am not sure if it will stay like this or if the doctor did something
to make it do this. My left testicle is descended but the right one is high and next to the
pump.
I have felt the bulb of the pump but have not been able to find the release button.
I got the Titan model.

Thanks
Ronn

At my post-op appointments my doc looked at my genitals visually to make sure there was no problems like infection. Then he pumped me up. That hurt quite a bit but it only took him about one minute to do so he just said "grab onto this table and grit your teeth while I pump you". It was painful but did not last long and no after effects. It seemed to be a necessary part of the process.

Best wishes,
Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:43 am

Same here got pumped up - not too pleasant an experience. Felt like needles in my scrotum. But like Dave said was over quickly, he then deflated and it was my turn.

Never managed to keep hold of the slippery thing myself but in the end I got it.. As will you.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:36 am

The pumping for me is going fine. It is a little uncomfortable when pumped up..
My biggest problem is finding the release valve. It seems that the pump / deflate valve is turned sideways.
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

proactive

Postby proactive » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:16 pm

I was pretty sensitive too. He wanted to inflate if I was ready. I told him not yet. So he just deflated me from the little bit that I was inflated when he sent me home. That was a relief!! After that I could move around more and was able to go to work the next day. I dont think he pumped me up until I saw him again around week 5 or so. It wasn't until week 9 or so until I could pump with out any pain. No pain in the shaft ever. Just in the scrotum.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:Hey I was wondering if any guys might tell me what to expect on my first doctors visit
pump.
I got the Titan model.

Thanks
Ronn

Hope all went well Ronn. My surgery with Dr. Morey at SW Med in Dallas is not scheduled until March 11, but my first follow-up appointment is not until April 28 which seems like a long time. So, you are getting a first appt a lot sooner than mine is to be. Please give me/us a report.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:28 pm

All went well at my first appointment. I had to pump and deflate a couple times in the office
after being examined. The lady nurse practitioner was who I saw. I was concerned about it being
a women but everything went very well. She was super friendly but very knowledgeable.
I was sent home to pump for at least 30 minutes twice a day. I was told I can continue sex next week
if I feel comfortable. Currently I am sore from the pumping. The pump and deflate valve are turned in
my scrotum so the release buttons are facing front to back instead of side to side. It makes it very difficult
to deflate. Once the buttons are pressed it takes a lot of pressure and time for it to go down.
I did lose some length but the nurse said I will gain some back over the next few months.
I am dismayed about losing the size but it does get rock hard when inflated.
Thanks for all the support given to me by the guys here on FrankTalk!!!!! I could not
have made it without you all.

Return to “Implants”