pumping problems

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cotham876

pumping problems

Postby cotham876 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:38 am

I've just had a successful implant, well six weeks ago. Now it is time for the tentative inflation exercises.

The only problem is that the bulb is rock hard and cannot be depressed - even with two hands!
A sharp hard press is recommended by hospital, but still progress.

Anybody have any ideas please. A bit frustrated at present with my progress.

Cotham.
Keyhole RP May 11 2009 Type 2 Diabetes.

colonelangus

Re: pumping problems

Postby colonelangus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 am

Mine was tough to inflate at first but it definitely gets easier.
40 year old that had an aircraft accident 3 years ago (Aug 11, 2010). I had a spinal cord injury at L-1 that left me with partial paralysis. I'm able to walk some with effort. I have bowel/bladder/ED issues from the injury. Titan implant on Aug 12, 2013

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:50 pm

I suggest you get in to see your uro doc ASAP and don't leave the office until under his direction you have pumped up yourself and deflated. Your doc will know if the bulb is just a little stiff of has a problem. He is the expert.

I had a problem 5 days post-op, called my doc on Sunday and he returned my call within 30 minutes. After I described the problem he said to come into the office at 11:30 AM Monday and he would check out the problem. I did that, he made a change to my pain meds and all was well after that. He was very happy to see me. The docs are in the business of making people better so if things aren't working for you, they will be glad to help you.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Cotham,
First, follow Dave's advice and see your URO ASAP to make sure you are correctly trying to inflate and deflate your Implant.
Also, many men have found that sitting in a tub of warm water while inflating/deflating the Implant helps to loosen up the pump and relieve some of the pain/discomfort associated with inflation/deflation in the early going.
Run this by your URO first.
Personally, I was implanted with the Coloplast Titan in December 2007 and, after the initial healing process, it has worked
like a charm ever since.
Hope this is helpful.
Bob

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:13 am

Same here tough to inflate to start and the discomfort always got the best of me - tried the two hand grip as well.

Like Dave suggested (he gave me the same advice I believe) a warm soak helps. Keep at it and all of a sudden it will give and you'll be away.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

nuguy2

Postby nuguy2 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:07 am

I experience this problem quite often and I am 5 months post surgery. I find if I deflate entirely and wait a couple of minutes then it is easy to "crush" the bulb and freely pump it up. The Uro Dr just kinda shakes his head but has no advice ..... my technique works ... think I saw this posted by someone else on here is why I tried it.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Cotham,
Your first priority should be to make sure you can access and properly press the Deflate button ... that being said, see if this helps:
Double-Handed Inflation (try this in a hot bath)
http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=932
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

cotham876

Postby cotham876 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:37 am

Thanks guys for all your advice. All so generous and helpful as usual.

Well, I've taken every bodies advice that is to say I've really tried all the pumping techniques but it still won't
fill the cylinders.

So, I phoned the surgeon who wants to see me on Thursday.

He is not ruling out a replacement pump!!!

Just what I wanted!!

Cotham.
Keyhole RP May 11 2009 Type 2 Diabetes.

glockhead

Postby glockhead » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:02 am

did the docs try and activate the pump first or were you on your own? my uro had absolutely no problem doing it but i fought with it for 2 weeks and thought i was inept. finally got the hang of it. even if they can do it with what seems like relative ease, they have done it before and they are also working at a totally different angle than you are

newly1

Postby newly1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:17 am

I am a couple weeks past a successful implant. Im having the same problem, its next to impossible to squeewze it enough to work. Im supposed to pump once a day. I have been able to do thet but also cant always find the deflate button. but eventually I do. I am loving my new dick and the future possibilities.

Return to “Implants”