Implant considerations and concerns at 22

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
chandlerman4649

Re: Implant considerations and concerns at 22

Postby chandlerman4649 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 pm

concerns at 22,

One more thing. My total out of pocket expenses for the first surgery was $1,200. The total out of pocket expenses for the second surgery after infection was $4,800. My insurance (Aetna PPO) deemed each surgery medically necessary to correct 15 years of suffering from ED and then to fix the infection so I feel very lucky, although a bit unhappy for all the extra expense of the second surgery. I tried to negotiate with the hospital but they refused to lower any of the costs but are presently considering financial assistance for me through their foundation since I lost my job about 6 weeks after the second surgery. I'm anxious to see what they have to say about financial assistance.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

sandy1258

Postby sandy1258 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:23 pm

I notice a few people are worried about their size (length & girth after they have the implant. Isn't it good to just get an erection most folks can make adjustments for the length or lack of a small amount. :)

Tyreron

Postby Tyreron » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:15 am

I saw you live in Europe like me. My doctors i Sweden regret me to do a implant so I consider to do it in Freiburg in Germany. One of there specialities is implant. In the university hospital there.

My doctors in Sweden say that the infection rate is high and that men with implants is disapointed. Maybe in the Sweden, but not in US or i Freiburg.

All the best!

Neisseria

Postby Neisseria » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:53 pm

Tyreron,i will suggest you to consider Dr Rosello in Spain. He has a very good reputation (the best of Spain) and i think that the price will be lower comparing to Germany
28 years Old. Had been suffering most of my life because of venous leak. Got it worse by an injection that scarred my left corpora.
Implanted with a ColoPlast Titan 31/1/18

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:33 pm

I'm going for the surgery. Everything is set. I will be bionic within a few months. Some other young guy I spoke to about this, asked me what happens the day that I will require a replacement implant. Do I have to get a new implant immediately? What happens if I don't? Can this result in deformity, shrinkage or something else?

I hadn't really thought of this question. But realisticly this will happen. It's just a matter of time. So I just wanted to know, if I have to be ready to pay for the re-surgery immediately or I can postpone it if economically impossible at that particular time?

Is there something I need to consider prior to surgery? Something I need to avoid doing, that could complicate the surgery? Like fixing a root canal at the dentist or whatever. Maybe there is something I can do now, that may benefit the final result of my implant or my health in general post-surgery?

Any other advice for a miserable guy, who lost his potency at the age of 23 but who wants to resume his life and make everything worthwhile from now on?

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Dude I'm excited for you!! I'm young like you and will need an implant soon I believe... Until then, I'll be jealous of your fully working bionic weiner :p
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

Alabama2015

Postby Alabama2015 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Google or search on this site for Dr. Andrew Kramer. He is in Baltimore if east coast is better than west coast for you.

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:26 am

you are not the only miserable boy, i have never had proper erection in my life.
i am 24.
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

tryfied

Postby tryfied » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:24 am

Thanks wolfpacker. I hope it will be worthwhile. I have already decided to have the surgery done by Dr. Eid. The reason I chose him was the fact, that his surgeries have a very low infection risk. But yeah. I hear Andrew Kramer is a very good doctor too.

venousleak1990born - I know I'm not the only one. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Have you decided whether to go for the implant?

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:47 am

yes, i will get an implant in few years. but the damage of this problem effected my mental health will never be completely healed.
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

Return to “Implants”