Surgery Countdown

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
kbota53

Surgery Countdown

Postby kbota53 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Well, I'm in the final few days before obtaining my own personal bionic dick. What's odd is that I'm feeling somewhat ambivalent about it. I suppose that might be due to my low testosterone caused by the lupron.

Two things bug me about proceeding; 1. the six week downtime before resuming physical activity, and 2. the fact that I don't care whether I use the new tool or not, which is absolutely due to the lupron. This feeling (or lack thereof) will be with me for the next 2 to 3 years.

On the other hand, the new tool is essentially free since I currently have really good insurance, and I've met my max out of pocket for 2010.

Well, In spite of all the above, I am committed to pressing forward and doing it. I have to start the (twice a day) navel to knee scrubdown tomorrow, with surgery scheduled for Wednesday morning about 9:00 am.

I'm trying my best to think nice thoughts.

<sigh>

k

knotreel

Re: Surgery Countdown

Postby knotreel » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:50 pm

Wishing you the best! Too bad you are not "in the mood" but the IPP will give you something to look forward to. Who knows, you just might get the urge back when you got something to work with. I am getting my AUS/IPP surgery on 1/11/11 and I am looking forward to reading some good post op reports that don'r scare me too much. Genone has been quite for a while and I hope that is good news for him. He should be "activated" in a few days now. Hope he is doing well. I am a little nervous already and begining to worry about all the tubing that will be associated my my two scrotal pumps.
Well, good luck and hope the recovery goes well.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm

You Louisiana Boys are going to Make Louisiana a Bionic State. You know I am chearing you guys on. Good luck. David know that I am with you in spirit on your trip to Shreveport. :D

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Postby antelope » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:11 am

It's natural to be a little nervious about ANY kind of surgery, esp one dealing with the most important body part. I'm sure you've made this decision for all the right reasons, so take a deep breath and "git 'er done." Along wih Jeff and Ron here's another Louisiana boy cheering you on. Ron's turn is coming soon and no doubt Jeff and I will be there one day. Wishing you all the best. Prayers for you and your medical team on Wednesday.

Manly hugs,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

sspmattpb

Postby sspmattpb » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 am

David! (dan?)

That first line you'll appreciate! I am so happy for you making the HUGE decision of going forward with your implant procedure. I feel I truly understand the place you are at right now with all that has taken place this year, and I admire your courage and your strength and especially your long term outlook towards the next 50+ years you have to enjoy this life. All these factors have contributed to taking this big step, the Lupron hasn't totally taken you away from what's important! I only wish you nothing but the best, a good experience, a happy outcome and a long future of use. I have thought about you alot after we talked the other nite, you are ready for this, you will do well. You know who to call, I'll leave it at that. Just please know you have some folks on here who really do give a s..t for you as a man and as a friend. I have experienced their calming help first hand, embrace it as I finally did, I am in a better place today because of it.

All the best my friend,

Matt
ED onset in 2003
Peyronie's Disease onset in 2005
Venous Leakage diagnosed 2009
Implant Surgery 11.29.2010 @ Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

franglais

Postby franglais » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 pm

x

Return to “Implants”