Young man with an implant,sounds impossible now

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
soulforged

Young man with an implant,sounds impossible now

Postby soulforged » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:01 am

im suffereing from ED due to peyronies(post truama) and basically my only option is an implant but after watching : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHzozvBHhZ8
he says that if you are using the implant once a week it will last 10 years,twice a week probably 8 years
so what if a young guy wants to have sex/masturbate 4 times a week it will last only 4 years?

colonelangus

Re: Young man with an implant,sounds impossible now

Postby colonelangus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 am

My surgeon said use it as much as I want. Should last 15-20 years. I have the Coloplast Titan.
40 year old that had an aircraft accident 3 years ago (Aug 11, 2010). I had a spinal cord injury at L-1 that left me with partial paralysis. I'm able to walk some with effort. I have bowel/bladder/ED issues from the injury. Titan implant on Aug 12, 2013

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 pm

My surgeon urged me to use it as much as possible. There is a lot of longevity in my family and he predicted I'll live to ninety and will need it replaced eventually. He was matter of fact about it, kind of like getting new tires.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:12 pm

My first implant, an AMS Ultra (predecessor to the LGX), lasted about 3 1/2 very active years, while its replacement lasted about 14 years with much less use, so what the doctor in that video says sounds reasonable to me. I'll be getting a third one in about three weeks and am not too concerned about pain, because I already know that getting it replaced is not actually that big of a deal. The surgeon simply pulls the old one out and inserts the new one where the old one was. There is less swelling and pain because the spaces are already there.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:15 am

I have the Coloplast Titan going on 6 years (Implanted December 2007) and it is still going strong!!
Bob

soulforged

Postby soulforged » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:03 am

colonelangus wrote:My surgeon said use it as much as I want. Should last 15-20 years. I have the Coloplast Titan.

but doesnt it sound weird?
it is a mchanical device and obviously the more pressure it sustains the less its gonna last
and from i read dr eid is like one of the best guys on implants so he know what hes talking about(he uses mostly titans too)

My first implant, an AMS Ultra (predecessor to the LGX), lasted about 3 1/2 very active years, while its replacement lasted about 14 years with much less use, so what the doctor in that video says sounds reasonable to me. I'll be getting a third one in about three weeks and am not too concerned about pain, because I already know that getting it replaced is not actually that big of a deal. The surgeon simply pulls the old one out and inserts the new one where the old one was. There is less swelling and pain because the spaces are already there.

define "very active" and "not much use"
its not that the surgery for replacement is scary to me but the constrant threat of infection
i mean,u survived one op without an infection,great,so assuming its 1% chancee for infection if ill have to change it like 4 times in my life the risk is pretty high :X
i guess im just fucked

p1s8d2

Postby p1s8d2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 am

Soulforged,

I sense the pain and disappointment in your post and I'm sure you will find an effective way to work through it. I'm 38 and have been dealing with ED in varying degrees since my 20's. I am actually scheduled for my implant next Tuesday the 19th in Baltimore, MD. My initial conversations with my DR's (yes, more than one) viewed the implant as the last resort. Shots hurt, vacuum devices were mechanical and a disappointment at best. Drugs lost their effectiveness. So with those things in mind, I opted for the implant. The medical advice I received, along with my extensive research, has led me to understand that modern day implants will last at least 10 years if not longer. I will have the AMS 700 LGX.

I have come to believe that I can simply accept this situation as the hand the dealer laid down and figure out the best way to work through it, or I can just fold. The latter is not an option. Like I said, I'm 38. My wife is a solid 10, and there is a lot of living to do. I miss sex and the physical / emotional connection I had with her. I'm going through with this surgery and am ready to see where it takes me. I will not tell you how to feel or how to perceive your situation as I am certain that it is unique vs. mine. Sending well wishes your way.

J-
40 years old from the East Coast
ED since my 20's and have no idea what caused it
Implanted on 11/19/13 with the AMS 700 LGX via John Hopkins Urology

Olivero66

Postby Olivero66 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 am

Hi Soulforged,

I received a Small-Carrion implant being 25 years old. Normally it would have lasted till end of life and even longer, but unfortunately it was quite unbearable. Furthermore it could not compete cosmetically nor regarding rigidity with the 3-component ones from nowadays.
So high tech in this case means less durability.
I'm sure a Titan will last 15-20 years, even if you're fucking very intensely. My last Mentor burst at the interface reservoir's tube connection, so nothing to do with cylinders and hence not so much to do with sexual wearing off.

The point of infection risk is a crucial topic, and you should weigh it like this: If you're able to live a constantly wealthy life, then you always might afford a good surgeon with very low infection rates, as Dr. Eid is an example. That means the being replaced 3 times, maybe you already will have reached autumn or winter of your life, no more minding sexual ability that much. Under infection rate of around 1 percent 3 replacements are a controllable risk.
On the other hand, if you encounter financial crisis in your life and your implant is croaking, replacement can turn into a dramatic issue. Maybe better to abstain from it as long as money's lacking!

Anyway, you should be optimistic; right now your sexual drive is tremendous; your money or health insurance respectively sufficient: So at least the next 15-20 years of having satisfactory sexual life are guaranteed. In your place I'd do it.

saludos desde Alemania

billylee

Postby billylee » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:18 pm

O,
You bring up a very good point in cost. IF, I, or anyone who has a IPP under Medicare somewhere along the way has malfunction and needs a replacement of parts/device, will insurance protect us, or are we suddenly in deep trouble, financually and sexually?
billy
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Soulforged: The girlfriends I had at the time loved sex and we made love several times a week during most of that 3 1/2 years. I was with the same girlfriend (the second of two mentioned above) after that replacement and we continued as frequently as before for about two years. Then that relationship headed south and she was never replaced with a frequent regular partner. I hope this is a satisfactory answer to your question.

Believe me, the threat of infection is of great concern, but to not get this defective implant replaced means impotence for the rest of my life. I am willing to take the chance of not becoming infected and having a successful sexual life as a result of taking that chance. Ninety-nine to one odds in my favor are worth it to me.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

Return to “Implants”