Implant Scheduled For Nov 25...Questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
soonerforever

Implant Scheduled For Nov 25...Questions

Postby soonerforever » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 am

Hello all, this is my first post here and I have a few questions about implants-sorry if already asked as I have done some browsing on this site and didn't find answers to them.

1. Does your penis feel different internally both at rest and during sex?
2. I have peyronies and my penis has atrophied somewhat- during my normal work day I am constantly readjusting because of the head pushing directly against the front of my pants- does having the implant partially inflated help cure this problem?
3. I am scared to death of both infection and removal of the device and failure of the device later on and not being able to re-implant....any words of wisdom..

My urologist is Larry Lipschultz and he is advising me to implant the AMS and I'm not sure which model....Thanks in advance
AMS 700 LGX
Implanted 11/25/13
Dr. Lipschultz
55 y/o
ED 20 years/Peyronies/Leaky valve

proactive

Re: Implant Scheduled For Nov 25...Questions

Postby proactive » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:06 am

I am 4 months post op

1. Yes it feels different at rest. Not good or bad different. Just different . I am not aware of the difference though most of the time. Think of it as the new normal.
as far as sex goes. A little differnt, but not much. The more time goes by the better and more natural it feels. It wasnt working at all before though the surgery so I have no complaints.
2. You will not have the problem of having your penis being pulled in so far that the head rubs against your underwear. You are going to have an outtie from now on. 3. Infections are rare now. That was the my doctors number one concern. Eliminating causes of infection. That is one of the areas that the high volume guys are supposed to excel in because they have tested procedures that reduce the chances of infection.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 am

soonerforever wrote:My urologist is Larry Lipschultz and he is advising me to implant the AMS and I'm not sure which model....Thanks in advance

Implants are a last resort. Most, but not all guys, have good outcomes, are happy and often even ecstatic. However, details like "does it feel different" vary a lot one guy to the next. As proactive says, for many of us, it does feel different to some degree, but as he points out that's not usually bad or good. Just the new normal. You get used to it and soon you will forget what is used to feel like.

IMHO the most important decision you make, aside from having the surgery at all, is selection of the surgeon. You want someone very good. He/she doesn't have to be the highest volume person around, but you want someone with plenty of experience and a good track record. You are not the first one here to use Lipschultz. You can use the search functions to find other experiences by searching on "Lipschultz". From what I have read, he has a first rate reputation, so you have probably made a good decision on this one.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

soonerforever

Postby soonerforever » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Thank You both for replying....I've had previous experience with Dr Lipshultz as he was my surgeon for vasectomy reversal.....hopefully the pain associated with that surgery is in line with implant surgery.
AMS 700 LGX
Implanted 11/25/13
Dr. Lipschultz
55 y/o
ED 20 years/Peyronies/Leaky valve

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:16 am

soonerforever,
Depending on your severity of Peyronies ... most likely you'll get an AMS 700 CX (controlled expansion - girth only).
http://www.amselabeling.com/en-en/ download the (pdf) manual there ...

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

proactive explained everything else pretty well ... the pain in my case was not that bad and I quit the pain meds after the first day. Ibuprofen is best to reduce swelling ... and in a few weeks you will be back in the saddle again!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:38 pm

I second everything that Bionic has said. I am now almost a year after surgery and I am having great success with my implant. It is different from before, but not bad or good (probably good, it works) just different. Almost no pain. Worst pain was from alternate reservoir placement that was caused by scar tissue from a previous hernia and a radical prostatectomy, and that was manageable without pain medications.

Good luck with your surgery.

Radiodec
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:10 pm

soonerforever wrote:Hello all, this is my first post here and I have a few questions about implants-sorry if already asked as I have done some browsing on this site and didn't find answers to them.

3. I am scared to death of both infection and removal of the device and failure of the device later on and not being able to re-implant....any words of wisdom..

My doc said through careful procedures he has the infection rate down to less than 2%. Several other top docs have reported that rate or better too. So that is 1 failure in 50 surgeries. It is a possibility but a small possibility. And in my case I was having almost 100% failure with sex due to the ED as all the other fixes stopped working. So I gladly traded a 100% failure rate for a 2% failure possibility. Or in other words traded not having sex for a 2% failure possibility.

The other thing is that there is not much you can do about preventing infection except to do the pre-op anti-bacterial scrub your doc says to. And then it is in his hands and the hospital's. So relax as much as you can and focus on the good result you will most likely have.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”