Implant on 10/24/13 Nervous

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JerGeezer

Re: Implant on 10/24/13 Nervous

Postby JerGeezer » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Whatever your length - and I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised - you'll be very happy to be able to get it up (and keep it up) for as long as you and she want. Not having to worry about whether or not you'll be able to get it up is absolutely wonderful not only for you, but for her, as well. Good luck.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Went to my first visit to see the Uro since the surgery. He said incision was healing great, but still some swelling in testicles. Deflated what little it was inflated and told me he would see me the day before thanksgiving. Would not let me pump till then as he said the swelling may interfere with the operation of the pump and is worried I may not be able to deflate by not being able to locate the deflate button. I waited this long, so I guess I can wait till then. HOWEVER, I am tempted to try it before then. The pump ball feels hard andi think ive located the deflate button. :)

Question, will the pump bulb get softer or easier to squeeze after use?

Will the very first pump hurt or burn?

Everything else is going well and last night my wife reached back as we spooned and lightly ran her hand over my package while telling me she can't wait. It's been about 3 years!!!

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:18 pm

franklambe wrote:Question, will the pump bulb get softer or easier to squeeze after use?

Will the very first pump hurt or burn?

My bulb has not gotten any softer. Some have said that theirs has. I use the two-handed method. Look that up here if you are not aware of it. Mine is hard but I quickly got used to it and pumping is no problem.

My doc pumped me at three visits before letting me do it myself at 7 weeks post-op. When he pumped it hurt quite a bit but only for a minute or so while he was pumping. The pain was at the scrotum not at the penis. By 7 weeks post-op the pain of pumping was very small and easily forgotten during the pleasure of using the result.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:21 pm

franklambe,
The pump ball gets easier to squeeze after several months ... it takes a while for the cylinders to stretch a bit.

The Implant tips will be very tender for a while ... so don't get carried away at first. Pump until it becomes uncomfortable ... wait a while then add a pump or two and repeat. If sex is too uncomfortable (in the tips) at first ... release some of the pressure and try again. You do NOT need to pump 100% for sex. Take your time with the wife ... as you will have to learn what position(s) work for you and what doesn't.

"Wife on top" at first was too uncomfortable for me ... but after several months, we could do most anything that we could do before. You may want to try solo first just to see how the tips feel. Don't worry, you won't wear out the hardware ... and after 3 yrs. you don't want to climax too fast. Although even if you do, you can still keep going ... she'll love that! Enjoy!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:03 pm

This experience is different for everybody, so take your time and do what seems best for you. After completely healing I found that I was able to do virtually everything I'd previously done, along some others that I hadn't even though of - but she had. Using your - and her - imagination and knowing you can keep it up as long as she likes is as good as it gets.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Today is exactly 14 days since my surgery and it was my first day back to work. I work a job that requires pretty moderate physical activity to short moments of heavy exertion for several minutes at a time. I took Motrin several times a day and wore loose jeans. Everything went very well and I was almost pain free the whole day. I can't wait to visit the Uro's office the day before Thanksgiving for activation/inflation/ the go ahead.

Again, I would recommend this type of surgery for anyone who has tried all of the ED remedies without continued or consistent success. The pain was minimal and I already feel better about myself. Frank.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 am

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your thoughts, fears and post operative success! We are all in this together.

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:20 pm

Sorry for the lack of posts guys, but the healing process is very mundane for the most part after you make it past the 6 week mark unless you run into a unforeseen problem......... Which I did. My incision was slow to heal as I am diabetic, so I asked for an unschefuled visit out of concern. The PA who was filling in that day swabbed the incision and it was positive for infection. I did not have any symptoms other than the incision was not closing as expected after the dissolving sutures and surgical glue wore off. I did not gave pain, redness, swelling or discharge other than a clear weeping from time to time that was very minimal. So, I was prescribed Keflex and told the infection was topical and probably hasn't penetrated to the lower layers or was at then beginning stages. I took the antibiotic for 7 days and the next swab/testing they did was negative for infection. The doctor told me the area below has stayed moist and needs to dry out to heal better. He recommended that I air out the area as much as possible and I did. The incision is healing better, but not closed all the way yet. It's been since October 24th.

On the bright side.................. This last visit he activated it and did the first pumping. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought. I could tell something was inflating in me, but it felt more weird than hurt. It was a little uncomfortable at the head/tips after the inflation that went away. Well, it was a GREAT feeling to see and feel an erect penis after 8 pumps. It was solid and he told me I could pump up more as I go. That morning I felt like a man again. Superficial I know........... But if your a man and have been having ED, it takes it's toll on you physically and especially mentally. My confidence went into the crapper during this 3 years and I beat myself up internally. My wife has been very supportive, but in the back of your mind you always think that she must be disappointed or feeling the urge for normal sex because she's not getting it. We'll the doctor said to wait for the incision to heal fully because of the bacteria, but he knew I would probably try anyways, so he said to shower immediately after to prevent any complications. This weekend may be the day/night!!! :P

I have been inflating twice a day for the past few days and everything seems to be going as it should. I was nervous about the first firm pump to get it going and finally just got aggressive and did it. I can hear the liquid in the pump flush out and when deflating I can feel & hear the buzzing everyone has mentioned.

I hope this helps someone and I will post back as soon as I have more to share.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:32 pm

franklambe,
Sorry to hear of your healing difficulties ... for the "moist" issue, try some baby powder.
Just be careful deflating, that you don't open the incision ... enjoy the weekend!
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:40 pm

frankelamb:

how are your doing now?

thomas

Return to “Implants”