Implant on 10/24/13 Nervous

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JerGeezer

Re: Implant on 10/24/13 Nervous

Postby JerGeezer » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

With my first implant, the surgeon left it completely pumped up for six weeks. When that one became defective, the new surgeon replaced it with the same unit and left it deflated for the same length of time. My experience was that it didn't matter one way or the other. It was, though, much easier to get by in public with it deflated - easier to urinate, too.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Welcome to the new guys who are still waiting for the surgery. It is probably inevitable that you will experience nervousness about the surgery right up to moment the surgery starts. But the odds of you not ending with a successful implant are less than 2%. And if you are at a point where sex is not working due to ED, trading the ED frustration for a good sex life is well worth the slight odds of failure, IMO. I had had my surgery almost a year ago and am very happy with the resulting capability.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Ronn1708

Postby Ronn1708 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:18 pm

I have read and read and still dont know which implant to have installed. I am trying to decide between the Coloplast Titan or AMS 700 LGX?
I read you can gain girth and length with the AMS and that the Titan was larger in girth than AMS The Titan also is made of more durable material

I would appreciate any input or observations!!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Revision 2/13/24 Dr Tariq Hakky, Atlanta (Great Doctor) Titan 24XL no Rte’s. I’m 62 married. I have had numerous revisions due to product and body failures. Always had a Titan ipp.

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:23 am

Well fella's, by this time tomorrow I should be outfitted with the latest & greatest!! i am scared shitless and I am trying to think positive. I will keep you updated as I can. Thanks again for all of the support and input. Whether you know it or not your words and information have helped me out. Thanks again & I will be posting results & info soon. Frank.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:49 pm

Frank, you are going to do great! I am due. In December or January depending upon insurance questions! Thomas
Dallas

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:58 am

franklambe wrote:Well fella's, by this time tomorrow I should be outfitted with the latest & greatest!! i am scared shitless and I am trying to think positive. I will keep you updated as I can. Thanks again for all of the support and input. Whether you know it or not your words and information have helped me out. Thanks again & I will be posting results & info soon. Frank.

Hope you are comfortable now, and hoping for the best for you.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:14 am

Ronn1708 wrote:I have read and read and still dont know which implant to have installed. I am trying to decide between the Coloplast Titan or AMS 700 LGX?
I read you can gain girth and length with the AMS and that the Titan was larger in girth than AMS The Titan also is made of more durable material

I would appreciate any input or observations!!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

These issues have been discussed numerous times. There are a couple of hundred different experiences posted here, so you can get lots of input and observations by digging back and reading. In brief, lots of guys here are happy (including with length and girth, but other issues too) with the LGX,Titan and CX. A few are unhappy and have one of the three. IMHO, except for somewhat rare and unusual cases, I fail to see there is a lot of difference whichever one you pick, notwithstanding completing claims about length potential and girth. It is allegedly true that the Titan has a greater expected longevity (and is among the reasons some docs recommend it), but its also true that whatever one you pick will have newer parts (design and materials) that are new within the last few years, so I really distrust claims about whether the 10, 15 or 20 year life expectancy of one is better than another.

Some docs are strongly in favor of one or the other. Some patients here on the board also strongly favor one or the other (and a couple are affiliated with one or the other of the manufacturers but rarely disclose it... caveat emptor). However, I fail to see any systematic differences in patient satisfaction between those who have one versus the other.

Most docs make a specific recommendation for their patients. IMHO selection of the surgeon is more important than selection of the device. If you're unsure about device selection, go consult with a doc that normally does AMX, and another that normally does Coloplast, and ask each what they recommend for your specific case and ask why. Then if you're still uncertain, flip a coin or go with the doc you're most comfortable with. Device selection probably won't matter. If you're a rare case where it would matter, you will probably discover that during the consults.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Hello everybody!!! Well, I had it done yesterday morning and I am now at home resting after an overnight stay. Below I've listed some info about my experience. I will post some photos later and this info is all I can do at the moment.

I went in at 7:30am and I was out by 8:45am.

Pain after surgery was low to moderate as they had to adjust my pain meds to get me comfortable. Pain was my biggest fear amongst all of my concerns. I have a very low pain threshold and I easily get sick on pain meds. They started with morphine for pain an toradol for inflammation in my IV , but the morphine wasn't helping. The nurse recommended Percocet which takes longer to work, but lasts longer.............. She was absolutely right. Two tabs and I was pain free.

The foley/catheter SUCKS!!!!!!!! Never had one before and hope I never need one again. Every time you cough it causes you to tense up and your gripping the tubing with your penis reflex. It's annoying and hurts momentarily. When they removed it.......l I'm not going to lie..... It hurt like a bitch, but was over with in 2 seconds. I am now peeing on m own and it burns, but is getting better by the hour. :shock:

I was implanted with the AMS 700MS. The doctor said he felt it was a better fit with my measurements. He reiterated that patients don't realize most of your measurements come from inside of your penis and they have to make the best decision based on your measurements.

I have almost no bruising except a small bruise on the head of my penis. My testicles & scrotum are swollen to the size of an orange & ache. Kind of like a dull ache. More annoying than painful.

PENIS SIZE- What your all waiting for.................. It has a little more girth than I had going in and my length seems about 1/2" LONGER in its flaccid state. The doc stated thar he only pumped it 10-15% as he feels it helps with peeing & swelling. I have the key chain/pump device that came with the info pack. :P

Frozen peas are my new best friend and I am now on Motrin only. I will type more when I can. The incision looks great and I will post pics soon. Thanks for all the well wishes & support.

PS- Would I do it again? A couple times I was doubting when in pain, but 24 hours after the surgery I most definitely would do it again so far. Don't physce yourself out and the pain is manageable!!! So good luck to those waiting to have it done and read up and educate yourself for those thinking about doing it. Frank.

billylee

Postby billylee » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:41 am

Frank,
Great to hear all is well, hope today is even better. I, as many here who "are waiting", are anxious to read more. I am to see Morey Dec 9th so my third step, first being decision to go for it, second choosing surgeon. Did you have one single scotal incision?
Look forward to seeing another post today.
B
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

franklambe

Postby franklambe » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Well, today (saturday) is better and yesterday wasn't too bad. I really didn't move too much except to pee in the urinal I got from the hospital. A little more bruising in the scrotum, but not bad at all. I've noticed some of my foreskin in wrinkled and sticking to the head due to the stuff they wiped on me during surgery. Today is the first day I will be ble to shower and I'm looking forward to it.

My penis feels stiff/solid and I'm barely inflated. It's sore to the touch, bu not too sore. I'm getting by with an alternating schedule of 800mg of Motrin and one tablet of Percocet. I think this will be my last day of Percocet as I took it as a precaution, but I did only take Motrin this morning when I woke up sore at 4am.

It still stings & burns on and off when I pee, but it's getting better. It's amazing how slow I'm moving & how stiff/sore I am overall. Other than that I'm doing good. I'm staying optimistic and trucking along. If you have any question or comments feel free to ask.

Today I think may be my first bowel movement and I'm nervous because the toilet is low and my anal area feels different/sore in the general area. God help me

Return to “Implants”