concerns

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
grw82950

concerns

Postby grw82950 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:36 am

had my appointment w/ dr. mobley, methodist urology associates houston tx, yesterday and he suggested having the surgery. he said he could schedule me with two weeks notice. my concerns, besides catastrophic failure requiring removal and complete loss of erection ability (which i realize is an unlikely probability) are:

1) loss of significant length (some reported to be 1" or more) and/or girth and
2) "floppy" penis head (seems to be more prevalent with the AMS 700 c series that this doc uses.

the doc said i would lose length and girth but did not mention issues with the head.

i've read everything i could find and these seem to be real possibilities. i have an average size penis and have never concerned myself with "size". but then again, i always had an average size penis. certainly an erection, regardless of size, is better than none, but i'm now wondering if size really matters to my wife. she says she cares more about firmness than size....so, how firm will i be if i have a "floppy" head?

i don't know if, in your experience these are valid concerns and i can use any guidance you can offer. we had such a great sex life and i never had doubts about her satisfaction. but over the past few years...we have started and i've been unable to finish thus leaving her hanging a number of times. i have avoided intercourse in favor of oral sex out of fear of failure but she obviously prefers intercourse.

i'm not experienced with self doubt and i want to return to return to a full, healthy sex life, but i don't want our hopes to be dashed if this is another failure.

tankerman777

Re: concerns

Postby tankerman777 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:39 am

I think you should get the implant just make sure you let your Dr know what your expectations are, good luck. Nathan
I am 49 years old have suffered from ED all my life. I have used pills and injections, I have had enough of all of that. I went and got an implant AMS700CX 9/4/13 so far I have no regrets. I LOVE THIS THING IT IS GREAT NO MORE ED WHOOHOO!!!!!.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:10 pm

grw82950,
I'm not sure where you are getting this misguided info from ... however first things first ...

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

"Loss of length" generally only occurs from guys with pre-existing conditions ... tissue atrophy (lack of regular erections), Peyronies (fibrous scar tissue), etc. With a AMS Implant you can at least recover some loss of length from tissue atrophy (up to 4 cm - 1.5").

A "floppy head" is very rare and usually from a poor surgical technique ... unless there is scar tissue in the head itself. There is no documentation that this condition is more prevalent with an AMS unit ...

As for firmness ... well I can hang a wet bath towel on mine (LOL) ... you will not have any issues with firmness/hardness.
You can see my results here: http://www.franktalk.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1709

I would suggest you and your wife go to YouTube and watch the many videos on "penile implants" ...

Good luck on your upcoming surgery ... and keep us posted of your progress ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

newly1

Postby newly1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:29 pm

my implant is Nov 4th

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 am

newly ... Congrats! ... start a new topic after your surgery and keep us posted of your progress ...
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:18 pm

grw82950 wrote:had my appointment w/ dr. mobley, methodist urology associates houston tx, yesterday and he suggested having the surgery. he said he could schedule me with two weeks notice. my concerns, besides catastrophic failure requiring removal and complete loss of erection ability (which i realize is an unlikely probability) are:

2) "floppy" penis head (seems to be more prevalent with the AMS 700 c series that this doc uses.

I have the AMS 700 CX and no problem with floppy head. My cylinders protrude about half way into the head which does the intended job fine. I think that if the doc measures you correctly your cylinders will do that too. So if you have an experienced doc who has done quite a few implants, you should have no problem.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”