TITAN OTR AUTO INFLATE

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
littlelarryman

TITAN OTR AUTO INFLATE

Postby littlelarryman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14 am

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THE TITAN OTR, AFTER INFLATING MINE I COULD NOT GET IT TO DEFLATE. I TRIED FOR SEVERAL DAYS BEFORE GOING TO THE DOC WHO SAID IT WAS ON AUTO FLATE, HE DIDN'T EXPLAIN WHAT HE MEANT AND TOLD ME TO COME BACK IN THREE WEEKS AND HE WOULD INSTRUCT ME ON HOW TO USE IT. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW TO AVOID A REPEAT OF THAT EXPERIENCE.

LMCatman

Re: TITAN OTR AUTO INFLATE

Postby LMCatman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:32 pm

I also had deflation problems and some sort of "auto-inflate" issues. Some tell you to give the bulb one final squeeze after deflation to "lock" it. As I became more proficient at deflation, I would notice that I sometimes wouldn't "stay" deflated - not re-inflated to "hard", just not as "soft". As I became more proficient with my device this became much less of an issue. I find that partially inflated is more comfortable that fully deflated as I have gone back to wark and my daily life.

Do you have the "key chain model" of your "pump assembly"? This was very helpful to me as my deflation buttons are quite inconveniently located. I sat in the tub "feeling myself" and rotating the model until I could distinctly find the buttons. Get you doc to give you one of these if you don't already have one. I forget which guy on this board steered me toward the key-chain model - but thanks again, whoever you are.

Be patient - my recovery was VERY slow and painful. Now at a little over 5 months post surgery my "little friend' is lots of fun!!

Another Larry!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

proactive

Postby proactive » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:05 pm

I had trouble wringing it out to get it completely deflated. Keep depressing the pads while you are working the fluid out. It is supposed to be one touch but my doctor said to just keep pressing the pads while you are deflating to get it done completely. Also one minor pump will lock the unit in position so that fluid can not drain back into the shaft. I closely examined a demo unit at the doctors office and observed how actually functions. The quick half pump closes the valve.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

littlelarryman

Postby littlelarryman » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:37 am

WHAT AN AWESOME FORUM,I THANK EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY POST. YOUR ANSWERS WERE EXACTLY THE INFO I NEEDED AND THE ADVICE WAS RIGHT ON .

Return to “Implants”