Hot bath

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tankerman777

Hot bath

Postby tankerman777 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Guys, I just had my implant surgery 9/4/13 11:00 am PST I would like to know how long do you have to wait until you can take a hot bath as I think it would do wonders for me right now. The first three days of my recovery were definatley a bicth but it has gotten alot better just looks like my sctrotom is the size of an orange. I think this is going to turn out pretty good by the looks of my penis it looks like the Doc did a pretty good job of sizeing he told me after surgery that most guys would be envious. I can feel my penis trying to get hard on its own as I played with my wifes boobs alittle just to see what would happen :D . I have to say that the recovery atleast the first several days are no joke as I was definatley in alot of pain, but now I seem to be just cruiseing right along. Ok thats it for now if anyone ever has any questions fell free to pm me and if you want to talk over the phone we can do that to. Thanks to all of you. Nathan
I am 49 years old have suffered from ED all my life. I have used pills and injections, I have had enough of all of that. I went and got an implant AMS700CX 9/4/13 so far I have no regrets. I LOVE THIS THING IT IS GREAT NO MORE ED WHOOHOO!!!!!.

rlm1818

Re: Hot bath

Postby rlm1818 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:02 pm

tankerman777 wrote:I would like to know how long do you have to wait until you can take a hot bath as I think it would do wonders for me right now.

Thats a question for your surgeon or his staff. It depends on how they close the incision, what kind of sutures, etc. In my case it was "required" after 3 days, and those hot baths really helped. But, the Dr specifically closes the incision in a manner to allow warm/hot baths. I'm sure its possible, depending on how they close you up, to have to wait a week or more.

You can also try dry heat. Someone a while ago suggested putting uncooked dry beans or lentils in a sock and warming it in the microwave. It molds pretty well to your anatomy, though not as well as water. Warming yourself with a bean sock or a hot bath when you first start inflating can help with that too, though it might be weeks before you get to that.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

GaryRN

Postby GaryRN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:44 pm

In my understanding three days for a shower and seven days for a bath. The bath should not be super hot. Lukewarm is best.
Best thing is to ask your MD.
Thanks,Gary

colonelangus

Postby colonelangus » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:45 pm

My doc told me to start soaking about 3 days post op several times a day. It DID do wonders for my aching body! You will heal quickly.. Good luck!
40 year old that had an aircraft accident 3 years ago (Aug 11, 2010). I had a spinal cord injury at L-1 that left me with partial paralysis. I'm able to walk some with effort. I have bowel/bladder/ED issues from the injury. Titan implant on Aug 12, 2013

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:52 am

I was told showers only for the first week then warm baths (not too long soaking though).

The baths helped with the discomfort and especially with dissolving the stitches.

Dave
rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

Return to “Implants”