Implant is in, recovery is rough going!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
colonelangus

Implant is in, recovery is rough going!

Postby colonelangus » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Yesterday bright and early got my new Titan implant put in! I was super anxious the days beforehand. Decided I would shave myself before surgery so I used men's Nair to get it nice and smooth. Woke up about 4:30 that morning, very anxious and ready to get it over with. When they wheeled me into the OR, I told them that I knew shaving a guy would be a pretty sucky job, so I did it for them. They got a good laugh out of that and appreciated it. Recovery was pretty tough. I woke up shivering violently was in and out of consciousness and my pressure plummeted to 58/30. I knew I was not doing well and I heard them give me a bolus of fluid. My pressure eventually came up, but it was due to my sensitivity to anesthesia. I just got home a few hours ago and my head is swimming from the Percocet. I have a fever of 101.4 and my instructions say to call the clinic. It's after hours so I guess I'll call first thing in the morning. Is it normal to feel this rough?
40 year old that had an aircraft accident 3 years ago (Aug 11, 2010). I had a spinal cord injury at L-1 that left me with partial paralysis. I'm able to walk some with effort. I have bowel/bladder/ED issues from the injury. Titan implant on Aug 12, 2013

proactive

Re: Implant is in, recovery is rough going!

Postby proactive » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Medical advice from someone who has no medical training.

Does not sound normal to me, but everyone is different. Keep a very close eye on your temperature and take your antibiotics. If your temp keeps climbing call someone. If it stays the same then call them first thing in the morning.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

colonelangus

Postby colonelangus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Woke up this morning and still had a fever So I called the doctor. Nurse said as long as I didn't have any yellow drainage from the incision that I was okay. Said that a little fever is fairly common after surgery. I'm slowly feeling better and so far have not taken any more Percocet.
40 year old that had an aircraft accident 3 years ago (Aug 11, 2010). I had a spinal cord injury at L-1 that left me with partial paralysis. I'm able to walk some with effort. I have bowel/bladder/ED issues from the injury. Titan implant on Aug 12, 2013

rschweiger

Postby rschweiger » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey colonel,
Congrats, some recoveries are harder then others mine was a shit hole compared to a lot of the breeze through recoveries you read about here.
Mine all worked out and I hope your does to,just try to stay calm,think positive,do everything dr. Says,and keep you eyes on the prize. And if you have any medical questions do not hesitate to call that dr.
And if ya need moral support you can PM me.
Best wishes and get well soon.
Rich

colonelangus

Postby colonelangus » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:57 pm

What difficulties did you have? I think I have the fever thing pretty much knocked out, but my testicle sack is HUGE and black. Also VERY tender. I'm just taking Ibuprofen for now because I've been on Percoset before and had a hell of a time getting off it.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 pm

From what I have read here the after effects of the surgery vary quite a bit. It seems you have more problems than average. I think a very tender scrotum is pretty common though. Mine was tender on the left side for several months. As far as the swelling of the scrotum, one guy had his swell to the size of a grapefruit. I think that is very unusual but apparently not outside the "okay" range. Do a search using the search box at the top and use the word "grapefruit". You will see his experience and what his doc said. Eventually his swelling went down. Also I have seen pictures posted here of guys whose scrotums were very black a few days after surgery and then cleared up in a week or two. That did not happen to me but again, the results vary a lot. I can't point you to the pictures directly but they are here someplace.

Hang in there. You are on the road to better times. It will be an uncomfortable journey at times, but the end result will be worth it.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:00 am

Colonelangus,

First, congratulations on your new Titan Penile Implant.
I was implanted with the Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in 2004.
The Implant completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
We have been enjoying it to the fullest for the past 5+ years and counting.
Be patient during the recovery period and follow the instructions of your Implant Surgeon.
The swelling, discoloration and discomfort will disappear with time.
However, do not hesitate to call your Implant Surgeon if you have any serious medical concerns about your Implant.
Wishing you a lifetime of enjoyment with your new Titan Implant.
Bob

Return to “Implants”