TSA scanners

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
D32456

TSA scanners

Postby D32456 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:45 am

I had implant surgery the end of September. Among other concerns, I am now worried about the new TSA full body scanners. Anyone out there with an implant already gone thru this experience? Any problems? I don't think refusing and going for the pat down is a good option, as demonstrated by the now infamous "Don't touch my junk!" video. My junk is a topic between me, my doctor, my wife, and the guys here. Definitely not some guy or woman at the TSA. Your thoughts, anyone?

regain-is-the-aim

Re: TSA scanners

Postby regain-is-the-aim » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:01 am

D:

An interesting question. My assumption is they have already seen implants on screens and are trained that some men will have them. But, I don't know for a fact. I will travel again the first full week of December so, if I can, I will talk with a TSA supervisor at our Airport. I live in Indianapolis and we have the newest, large airport in the US. Our passenger screening system, very well done, was designed after 9/11 and has contained the full body scanners for some time. I do not have an implant, but will pursue the question and share the info when I return. If I had an implant, I would not worry about it. I travel with my pump and have never had an issue. If you did decide to choose the pat-down, it will be done by a male not a female. Remember, these people are seeing hundreds of people each shift and I really doubt there is any interest in getting to know our assets before the next passenger rushes thru to catch a plane.

I do find all of this brouhaha over screening mildly amusing. Any guy who refers to his most valuable assets as junk certainly has not traveled the road we have and well, anyway. . .

Regards,

Dick
"Regain-is-the-Aim"
Dick
PCa-surgery 10/06

Return to “Implants”