Time off work for implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ED2013

Time off work for implant

Postby ED2013 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:57 pm

I'm going to schedule surgery for an implant. Has anybody used fmla to take time off work for surgery? I'd rather save my vacation but I'd rather not discuss the exact surgery type with my work.

chandlerman4649

Re: Time off work for implant

Postby chandlerman4649 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Ed

I am near the end of my medical leave for implant surgery and it is FMLA leave. However I also had over 100 hours of PTO time with my employer so they have divided my PTO hours by my 5 weeks of FMLA leave so I still get my paycheck. Any information about the surgery was handled by my employer's HR department. In fact the letter I received from my employer states that do to federal regulations about privacy, I was asked NOT to give any medical information or my doctor's note concerning returning to work to my manager. My manager and teammates at work have NO clue to what kind of surgery I had. But I did choose to use up all my PTO (Personal Time Off) hours and now have no hours available for vacations, illness, etc. for a few weeks until I begin replenishing my PTO bank.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

proactive

Re: Time off work for implant

Postby proactive » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:41 pm

I took 17 days off. That seemed to be about right for me for a desk job. I had 230 hours of vacation time so I just used my vacation time instead of getting int details and doctor s notes. I told everyone that I was having hernia surgery. I keep all of that time on the bbooks for emergency s since I have no short term disability insurance.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

Return to “Implants”