Coloplast Titan OTR vs. AMS LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rudyjo

Coloplast Titan OTR vs. AMS LGX

Postby rudyjo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:55 pm

To the Bionic Brothers,

I am planning my penile implant surgery in September. One surgeon exclusively uses AMS and
the other one uses Coloplast.

In my research, the top 3 volume penile implant surgeons(Eid, Perito, Kramer) all use
Coloplast Titan not the AMS LGX. I've read about the pros and cons for both and I'm not sure which is best.
I'm 59 who has an average size (6") who had an open radical prostatectomy about 7 years ago.

Is the Titan more rigid in a flaccid state and the AMS more flexible?

Does the AMS stretch lengthwise over time and the Titan does not?

What has been your experience with the Titan or AMS?

Any "bionic" advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Rudy

Dave92014

Re: Coloplast Titan OTR vs. AMS LGX

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:30 pm

I believe only the AMS LGX stretches in length. The AMS CX and Titans do not.

My doc uses both the AMS CX and the Titan. I asked him how he decides which to use. He said he decides based on the width of the penis and the configuration of the scrotum. He said the AMS pumps fit better in some scrotums and the Titans best in others. I didn't ask him directly but I think he uses the Titans for larger penises and the AMS for smaller. I don't know the definition of larger. My guess would be that 6 inches is near the boundary between larger and smaller.

I only have my own experience with the AMS but from what I read on FT-Talk, either AMS or Titan would probably work well for you. I haven't heard anyone significantly complain about either.

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Rudy,
As per your Post, I will be happy to share my experience with the Coloplast Titan Penile Implant.
I was implanted with the Titan in December 2007 after developing ED Post-Prostatectomy in FEbruary 2004.
The Titan completely corrected my ED and restored both my sex life and the emotional bond with my wife.
We have been enjoying it to the fullest for the past 5+ years and counting.
I'm sure that other members of Dave's "Brotherhood of Bionic Boners" will chime in with their stories.
Best of Luck,
Bob

proactive

Postby proactive » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Problem with the comparison is that nobody that I know of on here has had both installed to a true comparison. I know that the titan is a stiffer product from the hands on comparison of the products in the doctors office. I am very average. 6 inches 18 months ago before peyronies. I am hoping for anything over 5 inches when I get inflated for the first time tomorrow. Right now I am 3 inches completely flaccid. Dr. Kramer put a 20 cm titian in with a 1cm extender in. He is totally confident that I will end up with at least 5 if not more and that it will be straight instead of curved. I was a hair over 5 for the stretch test in his office. One person who saw doctor Kramer is over 6 inches with the same size Titan so that gives me hope that everything will where it needs to be after I start inflating and the swelling in my scrotom continues to go down. The LGX was definitely a flimsier product, but I only know of one person on here that is not happy with it and may need a revision to a titian because it did not straighten the curve enough. I don't think you will go wrong with either. The most important thing is your doctor.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:35 pm

I just saw my URO in Dallas that does over 100 this year. He just finsihed doing a 48 year old. My doc looked at me and said conclusively that he would put the Titan in me. He said that the come invarious lenghts and that they have oversized tubes which make the penis very thick, too. I told him that I was doing shots and he said that those were not for a young 61 YO man who wanted ot have send twice a week!

franktalk_user

Postby franktalk_user » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm also considering implants as all other treatment options have failed. However, before making up my mind I want to clarify a few things.

- How much does the implant cost. I'm talking about implant only. Would appreciate if cost for AMS CX/ LGX and Titan could be mentioned
- Does surgery or re-surgery reduce the size
- Does the implant get inflated coincidently
- Does the implant get detected during scanning at airport. I think it should not as it doesn't contain any metal

bama1gem

Postby bama1gem » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:43 pm

I don't know anything about the Titan, but I had an AMS in my hand today. I felt one a few years ago and it was very rigid when not pumped up, the one I felt today was the very newest. It was very soft and actually felt like soft surgical tubing and I'm sure it would stretch, even though I didn't pull on it. That was one of my concerns, would I be able to feel it in my everyday routine. Like I had something in my pocket. He assured me I wouldn't feel a thing. I have scheduled my surgery for 12-2-13.

tankerman777

Postby tankerman777 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:31 pm

Its like wearing eye glasses after awhile you dont even notice. I would say to everyone thinking about getting an implant, if you have moderate to sever ed more then 30% of the time I would recommend you really consider getting the implant, it completely cured my ed. Nathan
I am 49 years old have suffered from ED all my life. I have used pills and injections, I have had enough of all of that. I went and got an implant AMS700CX 9/4/13 so far I have no regrets. I LOVE THIS THING IT IS GREAT NO MORE ED WHOOHOO!!!!!.

TEBozo

Postby TEBozo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Nathan, that was one of my big concerns. I have a knee replacement and I never really think about it. My insurancewill broaden after new yeat and I am going with Titan.

Since Im single I do wonder if my female partner(s) will be able to tell. BTW my doc said he'dremove some scrotum skin to make my package look younger. I'ma young 62.

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:58 pm

TEBozo wrote:Since Im single I do wonder if my female partner(s) will be able to tell.

The biggest thing your female partner(s) will notice is that your erection can last as long as you both want it to. :)

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Return to “Implants”