How long will it hurt?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Steven1111

How long will it hurt?

Postby Steven1111 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm almsot 10 weeks out from surgery now and have been pumping for about 5 of that. I've gained a lot in length and girth and feel good about that. I've tried to have sex a couple of times now and I can do it OK but it still hurts me a lot. The head of my cock especially is still too tender for it to feel erotic and I still can't cum when I have sex, or even when I try to masturbate. How long should I expect it to hurt this much? It seems like most of you get to enjoy sex at a much earlier date than this. I'm getting very frustrated and annoyed with this whole process. Any suggestions? Am I pumping it too much or for too long? Am I "playing " with myself too much to give it time to heal? Am I just one of the unlucky ones? Is this common and lots of you still hurt and do it anyway? What's an average for healing time till the pain goes away? Obviously I'm floundering here. Help! ;)

Cheers, and hoping you're all feeling Good!
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

Dave92014

Re: How long will it hurt?

Postby Dave92014 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 pm

I can't give you advice on whether your current situation is still within the normal healing time or not, as I only have my one experience. From what I have read on FT, the time the body takes to heal up varies quite a bit. You seem to be a slow healer. I suggest you talk to your doc about it as he is has the training and quite a bit of experience.

I haven't read of anyone here though that didn't eventually get to a good working state with their implants, except for those that had infections, which are drastic and obvious within the first few weeks. From what you say it doesn't seem that you have had an infection, so hopefully time will take care of all your present concerns.

Good luck and hang in there.
Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

Steven1111

Re: How long will it hurt?

Postby Steven1111 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comments. I saw my regular doctor yesterday and he thought 10 weeks was far too long to still be hurting and gave me some pills to take that should decrease inflammation and increase the prostaglandins in my penis which should help with the pain he says. He also said I should see my surgeon. But I'm hesitant since he didn't offer me much advice before and I dunno what more he can tell me. But maybe I'll see him. I hate to bug people tho when I can probably deal with things on my own. I suspect you may be right in saying that I'm just a slow healer in this, tho in most things I tend to heal very fast so I'm confused about why this is taking me so long. I'm very glad to hear that you've not heard of anyone who hasn't gotten to a good place in time tho. I'll just be patient with it and take it easy with sex and stimulation and maybe that will help me too.

All the best to you, and thanks....
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

Return to “Implants”