Continuing Pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
aberele

Continuing Pain

Postby aberele » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:37 pm

I just joined Frank Talk because I'm having a problem and I wanted to know if any one had experiences like mine.

About a year and a half ago I had surgery for prostate cancer which left me impotent. I am healthy and 55 years old. About three months ago, when nothing else worked, I got a penile implant. The plan was that after the pain of surgery went away I could start inflating it. After about 6 weeks the pain of surgery still hadn't gone away, but the doctors PA inflated it anyway and it hurt horribly. She said to wait until the
pain of surgery went away and then start inflating it every day, twice a day. The pain (or at least the discomfort) didn't go away. The doctor said that there was probably scarring and I should inflate it twice every day as much as I could stand. The soreness that this caused was affecting my life and work and they let me go down to once a day. Now, three months post surgery I can pump it up reasonably much without pain,
but if I pump long and hard enough I can still get it to hurt, and if I really work at it I can get it to stay sore for about a day. As you can imagine, I'm frustrated.

Here's a question: If you've gotten an implant and it works and you're happy, does it still hurt if you pump to hard?

Thank you, I was dying to ask. Now I will have the good manners to go to introductions and hello.

jackpTenn

Re: Continuing Pain

Postby jackpTenn » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:12 pm

At this stage you should be pretty much pain free.
Some soreness will last for weeks but that should not be a problem.
Suggestion try 800mg of ibuprofen about an hour before you inflate the implant. I would not use Rx pain drugs because they effect feelings in the glans.
Hope this helps.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Genome

Postby Genome » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:58 am

Well....wish I had not read this right now. :o I go for my pre-op tomorrow and surgery Wednesday. Was getting nervous...and now I read this. :shock: I trust I wont have this problem.

Today I am gonna shave the nether regions in preparation for surgery. Never done that before...although I stay neatly trimmed. Gonna feel like a pre-pubescent child... :?

Back to biting my nails

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:06 am

As I understand it, shaving pre op is a no-no. I think you are suposed to let them do it but as appartently you will make tiny cuts al over the place which could I guess get infected. But thinking about it, what would be the different. Almost surely you will get a "razor burn". Where are you going for the op? I am scheduled for 1/11 in Houston for dual implants, AUS and IPP. I am guessing the IPP is pretty much a given it will work but I really have my fingers crossed the AUS will work. I live in the Baton Rouge area.
Anyway, shave or no shave I hope you have a good recovery. I am a little nervous too.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Genome

Postby Genome » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Thanks buddy. Appreciate the kind words. And wish you all the best on both your implants. But too late....I already shaved, dang it. Doc did not tell me not to.

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:15 pm

What is the newest word with this aberele? I for one get very frustrated reading about men who have had their implant pumped up before at least week 8 of recovery because of your exact reason. Fill us in how its going now.
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

Return to “Implants”