Semi-urgent: Trouble deflating AMS 700 LGX

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JDavid

Semi-urgent: Trouble deflating AMS 700 LGX

Postby JDavid » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:28 am

The title says it all.
I had my one week follow-up and Dr. Karpman deflated my prothesis, re-inflated it to full erection, and deflated it again. Then he had me pump and deflate. He was satisfied that I had done it correctly but I was unsure and my doubts were borne out when it autoinflated to about 60% on my way home. I have tried three times to deflate it without success. Can any of you pros advise me? I have to work a few hours tomorrow and plan to travel by air on Saturnday so I need to solve this. Thanks.
Dave
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

jeremc

Re: Semi-urgent: Trouble deflating AMS 700 LGX

Postby jeremc » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Try holding the deflate button down while squeezing your penis.
Jere
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks JEre,
I have tried that and have actually gotten it to deflate. But it reinflates to half-mast in less than five minutes.
Dave
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Update: Dr. Karpman returned my call, on the 4th of July no less. He was reassuring and offered two points. First, by being semi-inflated since surgery the reservoir is unexpanded and that creates additional pressure that contributes to auto inflation. Second, he stressed the importance of fully compressing the deflate button, believe me I have been trying, as that will better secure a lock-out. I'll keep trying but this is rough.
Dave

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:06 pm

JDavid wrote:I have tried that and have actually gotten it to deflate. But it reinflates to half-mast in less than five minutes

Try this ... after holding the deflate button in ... and squeezing the shaft. Once you let go, hit the pump ball just once. Do you feel the "pop" on the first pump? This would indicate the check valve is working. With just one pump that should stop the auto-inflating ... until you get to see your URO.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks Bionic,
I tried your suggestion but it reinflated, perhaps less quickly. As I noted earlier, my doctor was pretty relaxed about this. It may be a side effect of his protocol, which is to leave his patients about 75% inflated the first week and then start cycling on day eight. This protocol, he believes, optimizes both length and girth at the expense of the reservoir in the first few days after surgery. So i'm sitting here probably at 80%-90% for a while as per his insistent instructions. Fortunately, my lenght is just short of five inches so I can probably plan on six inches if I am diligent. That would put me where I was at age 20.
I just have to get through this and decide if I can go to work with a chubby tomorrow. Also, there is still the plan to fly to Louisville to visit my ailing mother-in-law in Evansville, Indiana on Saturday. Oy!

Return to “Implants”