original size of Titan after implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
proactive

original size of Titan after implant

Postby proactive » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I was just had a Titan implanted by Dr. Kramer on June 20th. Being a grower and not a shower I was concerned about my final size. We did the stretch test in his office and came out over 5 inches. My previous size has been right at 6 inches. Dr Kramer said he installed a 20cm Titan with a 1cm extender. Spent some extra time modeling due to the curve I had due to peyronies. He was very pleased with the outcome. I am a little worried though. Right now my penis is only 3 inches in its barely inflated state and curves to the left as it always has. I would imagine that when inflated it may straighten the curve out. But I am really worried about the length. 21cm is about 8 and 1 quarter inches. Others that I have seen on this site have similar sized implants but are close to 6 inches if not over. Right now that means there are at least 5 inches of this implant inside me and another 3 that seem to be usable. I have not spoken to Dr Kramer since I got my first look at it. I go to see him on Monday. Just wondering if anybody with a Titan has had a similar experience and if you ended up with any more usable penis than you had when you came out of surgery. Right now more than half of the implant is inside of me instead of outside.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

Dave48003

Re: original size of Titan after implant

Postby Dave48003 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Relax! I don't have a Titan, but I will tell you right now that with swelling and things sticking to things, etc. you really have no indication of what you will look like 6 months or a year from now. Also, remember you will now be thrusting a rigid penis, not a semi rigid penis that easily compressed when meeting any resistance. 5 inches hard is better that 7 inches so-so. Patience, my friend. And welcome to the BBB!
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

proactive

Postby proactive » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 pm

If I get to 5 inches I will be a happy camper. I was very happy when Dr Kramer told me he put in a total of 21cm. A little freaked out right now looking at 3 inches. I made 6 inches work and never had any complaints from any of the women I have been with and none from my wife of almost 26 years. If I get 5 I can work with that. If I only get 3 I will feel like the operation was a failure and that I should have gotten the LGX instead. Just trying to figure out where 8 inches of implant went since I am only seeing 3. :(

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:50 pm

proactive wrote:Just trying to figure out where 8 inches of implant went since I am only seeing 3. :(

Just because the length of the cylinders is 8" ... that doesn't mean you will have that much showing. Look at the various Implant videos at YouTube, and watch how things are really measured.

The general rule of thumb is 2/3 external and 1/3 internal ... so 21 cm or 14 (2/3) would be 5.5" maximum. This 5.5" would be measured bone-pressed by taking a ruler, pressing it into yourself (the fat pad) to the bone and measure to the tip of your expanded penis. Since you are only several weeks out, you will not get a true measurement until all the swelling has gone down (several weeks).

Your pre-existing Peyronies is a major factor in your reduced length ... but Dave is exactly right. Your Implant once pumped will not give ... much like a normal penis, so you will have more usable size ... so to speak. The best thing you can do is to reduce the size of your fat pad (weight loss).
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

proactive

Postby proactive » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:23 pm

At least 5 is all that that I was hoping for. Never expected 8. Lol. Time will tell I guess. Thanks

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:04 pm

I am about 10 weeks post op with a 22cm titan. I was about 6" before a radical prostatectomy. I've been about 4.25" fully pumped. I'm just under 4" about half pumped (and bent severely to the left). And even half pumped, I'm "back in the driver's seat". I've been having a lot of fun I thought I'd never have again!! Still have deflation issues.........and fun!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

proactive

Postby proactive » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:24 pm

I had my follow up appointment today with Dr. Kramer. He was very happy with my progress at this stage. Absolutely no sign of any infection. He was very happy were the pump was sitting. He had no concerns about the length being only 3 inches at this point and the curve. He said that as I heal the scrotum will return to its normal position as the swelling goes down. He fully expects me to return to at least 5 inches if not more over the course of the next 10 to 12 weeks with the cycling of the pump and the curve will straighten out as well with the cycling.
He spent about 25 min with me and my wife going over my concerns. He also deflated the device completely. That was a relief! I was having a difficult time keeping the pump and the penis happy walking around. If I made one area feel good the other was hating it. He told me I could start cycling when I was ready. He wanted to pump it up but I was to sore at that moment to pump so he said to just do it when I am comfortable with it. The past 24 hours were some of my most uncomfortable so I was just not ready to pump. It was such a relief when he emptied the cylinders.
I am so happy that I went to this guy to have the implant put in. I could not ask for a more skilled or caring doctor. I go back to see him on July 26th for the final time. He thinks that most of my concerns will resolve themselves by that point. He said it takes about 3 months before it will be completely healed. At that point I should have my final length and girth.

alan46

Postby alan46 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:08 pm

I was 8-1/2" erect. That is about 22cm. I know that Titan makes implants up to 28cm. I also know that a portion of the implant is insde the body. I would like to know what size implant is appropriate for my size before I make a decision. At age 66, I'm a lot more skeptical of doctors then I was when I was young.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:28 pm

alan46 wrote:I would like to know what size implant is appropriate for my size before I make a decision

You can not make that decision beforehand ... only during surgery is the cylinder size determined.

The general "rule-of-thumb" is to pull your flaccid penis straight out, as far as possible ... now look down, that is about the length size you will get from an erect Implant.

It doesn't matter what size you were when you were younger ... I would suggest you watch the many videos at YouTube of the surgery.
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

Return to “Implants”