New AMS 700LGX - the first few days inflation???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jjmann

New AMS 700LGX - the first few days inflation???

Postby jjmann » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks to Paul for PM response but also interested in hearing from fellow LGX recipients on their experience. Had LGX implant 3 days ago. Appeared to be partially inflated whilst bandaged but then deflated by dr when leaving hospital next day. I thought there should be some inflation until post op visit which for me will be 3 weeks. What were the instructions for other LGX recipients - ie. what % inflation for how long?? With thanks.
49 years young. Diagnosed with Ca Prostate early 2012, robotic prostectomy Aug 2012. Tried meds, VED, injections with limited success. Diagnosed with venous leakage early 2013. Took the plunge and joined the Brotherhood June 2013. AMS MS LGX.

chandlerman4649

Re: New AMS 700LGX - the first few days inflation???

Postby chandlerman4649 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 am

I will have my LGX implanted on July 9 so I cannot speak from experience yet. But my surgeon says that he will inflate the prosthesis to about 75-80% at the end of surgery and since I am staying in the hospital overnight, the nurse will remove the catheter in the morning and he will see me before I leave the hospital mid-morning (after I can pee on my own with the catheter out). He will deflate the prosthesis and force all the fluid back into the reservoir and will not inflate it himself for let me inflate it for about 3-1/2 weeks after surgery.

So I am assuming that is how things will go for me. I too would like to hear what others have been allowed to do.

Bob
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

Bionic_by_AMS

Postby Bionic_by_AMS » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:14 pm

jjmann wrote:I thought there should be some inflation until post op visit which for me will be 3 weeks

Different URO's use different methods ... mine was deflated the next day too ... with a follow-up in 6 weeks. When I asked about the deflation ... my URO explained that he wanted the reservoir full to prevent scar tissue from collapsing around the reservoir.

Many guys "think" they are inflated a lot ... when in reality it is very little ... this is just the new you (bigger package).
Robotic Prostrate surgery - Dec. 2011 - AMS 700 LGX Implant - 21 cm/3 cm RTE - June 2012

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 pm

I had surgery on the 25th and was kept inflated overnight in the hospital then partially deflated the next morning. My follw-up is in one week at which point it will be deflated and I will begin pumping up at least twice a day. So, protocols differ.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

There are a few docs who will leave it inflated partially until the first follow up. In my case, I was inflated at surgery and was unable to deflate because of swelling until 3 weeks after surgery. Try walking around with your boner poking out the top of your jeans for 3 weeks guys! My doc was very concerned that the reservoir would not be able to hold all of the fluid, but it turned out fine, though the reservoir area was tender for a while.

Guys, you will be a lot bigger when soft. I just posted some pictures almost 2-1/2 years post surgery in my original posting, "LGX log." That should give you some perspective. I'm almost 6 inches now, when soft!

Enjoy the new you!
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

jjmann

Postby jjmann » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reply guys - I feel a bit more comfortable now. The AMS literature also suggests total deflation sometime post surgery to allow encapsulation of the reservoir. Its day 8 for me now and thank god all seems "normal" - well normal in line with what others have experienced. Apart from constipation from the meds (which very painfully cleared about day 3/4) my only real source of being uncomfortable now is the pump. Just think I need to get used to the weight of it. By the end of the day it feels my ball sack is being dragged to the ground! The deflate button is also poking out left side and rubbing on my leg. Have "pulled down" the last few days but no obvious movement. I've never been one for baths but they are heaven at the moment. After playing with the key ring sample I was amazed how rough and sharp the pump felt. I suppose a softer covered one would be too difficult to capture and hold in-situ. Anyway, looking forward to first Doc visit at the end of week 3 for hopefully the first inflation.......
49 years young. Diagnosed with Ca Prostate early 2012, robotic prostectomy Aug 2012. Tried meds, VED, injections with limited success. Diagnosed with venous leakage early 2013. Took the plunge and joined the Brotherhood June 2013. AMS MS LGX.

jamesgilbert

Re: Coloplast Titan pain as I walk around

Postby jamesgilbert » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:04 am

I have the Coloplast Titan post 10 weeks, my testicles seem to look like they get bruised and sore as I walk around during the day and the skin at the pump gets real tender and sore but after I get my pants off in the evening and relax it goes away, in the morning everything feels great no pain but as I wear pants and walk around it starts over again, but I think it is getting less painful as time goes by.
Doc says its just nerves healing back but going on 3 months seems like a long time from other peoples stories.
Anyone else experience this ?
Jim

Dave92014

Postby Dave92014 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:41 pm

jjmann wrote:. After playing with the key ring sample I was amazed how rough and sharp the pump felt. I suppose a softer covered one would be too difficult to capture and hold in-situ. Anyway, looking forward to first Doc visit at the end of week 3 for hopefully the first inflation.......

The rough surface of the pump bulb does help to keep it from slipping out of your hand while pumping and banging into a nearby testicle. This still happens to me once in awhile when I am not paying enough attention to what I am doing. When it does I quicky appreciate why the surface is rough. :D

Dave
Implant surgery by Dr. John Greisman 10/31/2012 - Installed AMS CX700

chandlerman4649

Postby chandlerman4649 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Jim,

I had my implant surgery 8 days ago and I know what you mean by getting sore when you walk. I tried to do some light shopping at a mall and by the time I got home I could hardly move because my scrotum was so sore from rubbing against my shorts. The glans of my penis was also sore from rubbing against the material.

I was allowed to inflate for the first time last night. Squeezing the pump was difficult because the bulb was so hard. The spot on my skin where I was squeezing the pump also got very sore. I finally put some skin conditioner/lotion on and everything felt OK this morning. I will try again tonight. I am sure that things will get better as time passes and all I need to do is think about what is ahead for my wife and myself and the pain is all worth it.

Good Luck

Bob
AMS MS 700LGX surgery on 07/09/13
64 years old. Struggling with ED for 15 years. Had AMS MS 700LGX implanted Tuesday, 07/09/13. New prosthesis implanted on Tuesday, 08/05/13 due to infection. Both implant surgeries done by Dr. Desiderio Avila Jr., Ironwood Urology, Phoenix, AZ.

fnrldir07

Postby fnrldir07 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:08 am

I had the Titan installed on June 28th and my doc just gave me instructions to start cycling it and man i tell you what i was in pain I had to go home and take a pain pill when I got home. Also I didn't have a cath in and the next day when they took the J drain out man was that painful. And the first time you try to pee it will feel like you didn't empty your bladder all the way. I have found that the release valve is hard to push

Return to “Implants”