Newly Implanted!!!!!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
javaguy110

Newly Implanted!!!!!

Postby javaguy110 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:31 pm

Looking for some input from the vast forum of guys on this site.

Here is the deal------I am a Type II insulin dependent diabetic who had an AMS 700 penile prosthetic implant place on 04/24/2013. Surgery went well, healing, is well underway and device is functioning as it should.

PROBLEM--I developed what is now being called a "diabetic neuropathy" which is causing a great deal of nerve pain and discomfort which encompasses the entire area of the implant, penis, scrotum, balls, etc. Feels like my junk has been dipped in acid and dried violently with sandpaper!!!!! Constantly burns, loosing a lot of sleep, urologist is baffled, sex is completely out of the question, and the situation in general is making me very difficult to live with. I am currently taking medications for pain specific for neuropathy which help, but still cannot stand for wife, me or clothing to touch my dick. Going crazy here, very disappointed because I have a new toy that I cannot play with and a very disgruntled partner who grows weary of waiting. :x

Has anyone every heard of this or experienced this and what happened as a result!!!!! Any and all replies are welcome.

Javaguy110 frustrated

Neisseria

Re: Newly Implanted!!!!!

Postby Neisseria » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:00 am

One of the first stages of the diabetic neuropathy is the pain, as the damage of the nerve progresses you won´t feel more pain later, but that area will be numb. It does not affect the funcionality of the implant, but you will probably have sensibility issues. I Hope you get better. Best wishes
28 years Old. Had been suffering most of my life because of venous leak. Got it worse by an injection that scarred my left corpora.
Implanted with a ColoPlast Titan 31/1/18

javaguy110

Postby javaguy110 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you for your response. I go back to the doc soon to get checked again. I'll post my progress.

proactive

Postby proactive » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Lyrica helps with the neuropathy in my feet. It made me gain weight like a freight train so I stopped taking it. However if it was my penis that was having those feelings I would have kept taking it.
50 yr old. 21cm Titan implanted on June 20th 2013

javaguy110

Postby javaguy110 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:52 pm

I have taken Lyrica before along time ago for initial treatment of the fibromyalgia, got to where I really had a lot of trouble remembering things. Doc weaned me off of that stuff. What I am taking now, Zonegran, is helping, it just takes a long time to ramp up the dosage to therapeutic levels. (Increase by 100mg/week over 4 weeks to 400mg/day) taken at night. Noticing some changes now that I am in the second week. Tried Neurontin first, made me very sleepy.

Thank you for your reply!!!

javaguy110

Postby javaguy110 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the interest in my post. For those of you who are wondering if things are better, rest assure, they are. :D :D :D I have been able to use the appliance with very little discomfort and the neuropathy pain is getting less and less every day with the increasing dose of the new medication. Hopefully, with the passage of time the medication can be withdrawn and I can get on ( or get it on lol) with out the drugs, but for now, I'll take whatever avenue I can. Some sex is better than no sex and no sex makes a guy very difficult to live with and be around! Thanks for my two special friends who have provided me with a great deal of encouragement, during this time, you know who you are!!!!!

T

Return to “Implants”